User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 56

Thread: Country Music vs Kanye?

I really hate people Mic Dareall's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-4

Re: Country Music vs Kanye?

Save a horse, RIDE A COWBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battle Record
    30-9

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    The genre gets no respect from me. Sorry. Yes, it's garbage. You're the one that the whole country genre is better than almost all rap music. Why the fuck are you even on this site?? I'm the one with the impossible stance?? You're a moron. Get outta here. You can't even make a list of good country artists. Instead you got all butt hurt, cried and mocked rap music. You're on a rap site jackass.
    I make hip hop music and I appreciate and love all forms of music. Rock, Classic rock, Country, classic country, JAZZ, BLUES, rap, and hip hop. Im not so closed minded. Your a complete and utter moron. Plus, i never said I can't make a list of good country artists. I refuse to because this argument is going nowhere. It happens in EVERY thread on RB. Its no wonder people think you're an idiot.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Actually there was a thread in here calling me most intelligent member on rb. So I'm pretty sure it's not the consensus here that I'm an idiot.

Anyway... You said new country is better than almost all hip hop. That is fucking sad to say on a rap site.

And how can you go wrong by posting up good country artists in a thread shit talking country?? I mean... You DID say Shania fuckin Twain is a good country singer so maybe you really shouldn't try. On the other hand you know damn well there's tons of good rap artists out. If not then you either don't follow hip hop or you don't like hip hop. Either way it makes no sense that you'd be on this site on a regular basis.

Remember pal... You came at me with your "country is better than hip hop" bullshit. And your dumbass opinion so far has no fucking substance.

*gets back to the Marky Ramone show*

Battle Record
    30-9

Actually there was a thread in here calling me most intelligent member on rb. So I'm pretty sure it's not the consensus here that I'm an idiot.

Anyway... You said new country is better than almost all hip hop. That is fucking sad to say on a rap site.

And how can you go wrong by posting up good country artists in a thread shit talking country?? I mean... You DID say Shania fuckin Twain is a good country singer so maybe you really shouldn't try. On the other hand you know damn well there's tons of good rap artists out. If not then you either don't follow hip hop or you don't like hip hop. Either way it makes no sense that you'd be on this site on a regular basis.

Remember pal... You came at me with your "country is better than hip hop" bullshit. And your dumbass opinion so far has no fucking substance.

*gets back to the Marky Ramone show*
    You have everything misconstrued.

I said "They make better music than 90% of rappers"
    I did NOT say ""country is better than hip hop". Hip Hop is my favorite genre but im not going to try deny the fact that 90% is garbage. My opinion of you hasn't changed because you fail to make a valid point.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    You have everything misconstrued.

I said "They make better music than 90% of rappers"
    I did NOT say ""country is better than hip hop". Hip Hop is my favorite genre but im not going to try deny the fact that 90% is garbage. My opinion of you hasn't changed because you fail to make a valid point.
    wait what? 90% of hip-hop is garbage, yet 100% of country music is good?

The Ironic thing well one of the ironic things is you're doing the same thing as Opie calling rap trash just from the opposite side of the argument. The other? You're saying this on a hip-hop site where most members feel the opposite as you, I don't know why you wouldn't expect resistance its not like this is a country music site.
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I don't think anyone needs to go any further to attempt to have a logical convo when someone says "I think country music is better than 90% of hip hop but hip hop is my favorite genre." I can't help but wonder what the good 10% of hip hop is to a Shania Twain fan.

Battle Record
    30-9

They STILL make better music then 90% of rappers. You act like rap hasn't been influenced by pop at all. I admit, theres alot of new country that sounds more pop rock than country but theres still some good artist in that genre. And calling the entire genre garbage is asinine. Every genre goes through it changes every generation, some for the better, others for worse but it happens. And i agree with you, Taylor Swift isn't country. She's not even close. The only person who walked the line between pop and country but still managed to succesfully make good country music was Shania Twain. Plus, country music has way more "SOUL" in it's music. So trying to compare it with soulja boi is retarded.
    Again, I never said I was a shania twain fan. She had a few country songs that had less "pop". on the other hand, Tayor Swift doesn't sound country at all. Give credit where it;s due. I may not be an elvis presley, or a huge michael jackson fan but they obviously made good music.
    Last edited by Aargh Kelly; November 13th, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Now you don't even like Michael Jackson. You like Shania Twain. Don't like hip hop. You frequent a hip hop website. There's no hope for you.

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Now you don't even like Michael Jackson. You like Shania Twain. Don't like hip hop. You frequent a hip hop website. There's no hope for you.
    Rofl

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Again, I never said I was a shania twain fan. She had a few country songs that had less "pop". on the other hand, Tayor Swift doesn't sound country at all. Give credit where it;s due. I may not be an elvis presley, or a huge michael jackson fan but they obviously made good music.
    Okay. You're a hypocrite You're criticizing someone and doing exactly the same thing and your line of reasoning is retarded you can't force anyone to give a genre of music credit or any amount of respect, you obviously don't respect 90% of hip-hop no one is trying to force you to say other wise if you don't think they make good music that's where you stand why are you going on about it like WE HAVE TO recognized that there's tons a great country music coming out now and days if someone doesn't feel that way they just don't
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Country music sucks dick. End of discussion.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

wow..."you go girl!"....that was just, disgusting..

YouTube:

Twitter:

^ win.

YouTube:

Twitter:

Battle Record
    30-12

If you judge country music by exclusively what you hear on the radio you may as well do the same for rap. Either way, you're ignorant as fuck for making a sweeping generalization.

The vast majority of radio music for either isn't very good, nor does it represent the genre.

Taylor Swift doesn't even make country music, really. . it's some good marketing when she's accepted as their own with only a handful of songs that are even remotely country. Taylor Swift is a pop star, just like Kanye West. At least Kanye makes good beats.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I judge country by what has been the dominant sound for the last 20+ years. Rap radio doesn't even exist. The comparison can't even be made. If you look at the people in the genre who are known as the top of their genre, there is no lack of greatness in hip hop and country is shit. If you compare the greats over the decades in country, the whole genre has evolved into terrible music. Same thing with most rock music. Rap music is a much newer genre, but it got consistently better as the years went on. It's still evolving into sounds that I still love. Soulja boy and the couple other shitty radio rappers are a laughing stock in the genre. They get respect by very few. People like Shania Twain are seen as greats in the genre. It's completely different. New Country is a horrible genre. I hate the sound and the formula that absolutely defines what the genre is.