Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 32 of 32

Thread: Someone help me out about jay-z

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Someone help me out about jay-z

Quote Originally Posted by onefiftyonestr8 View Post
    I'm not saying Money = How good you Are.

But Looking at shit From a Realistic point of view.

These niggas got mouths to feed, bills to pay, & shit to do. ALL rappers are doing it for the Money, Cuz If not, You would never hear about them cuz they Would just keep it to themselves as a hobby. so if theres a rapper you have heard of, He worked Damn Hard to get to that position cuz getting out there is not easy and success don't fall on your lap either.

So your ability to make money in rap, says something about your adaptation ability, work ethic, Versatility and so on.

Its ignorant to say "Oh you gotta sell your soul to make money" Cuz niether of us have been in that position so we dunno WTF actually goes down when people get signed.

But Hard work & Dedication = success So If you want it enough you'll make it happen.

Immortal technique Hustled his ass off to do gold on an indie, but @ 7 a pop he made around a million off it.

& thats the kinda grind I like to see in a rapper....
    You think the Dude is Slaughterhouse are broke? I think they are comfortable could they be rich if they changed their style and were more radio friendly, maybe but if they feel they would have to give up more than they want to be superstars than maybe they just don't wanna make THAT jump they don't wanna be soulja boy or plies and make the same song over and over. Dave Chapelle worked his ass of to get that show, but when they took away is creative license he decided be rather do what he loved instead of taking the money, shocking I know but some people would rather be in the middle and be able to do what they love the way they love to do it on a medium stage than do it they way someone else wants them to on a stage for the world.

and why is this so much about money? or popularity? that has nothing to do with being the best.

Now if you wanna go with the Thread topic then you are right Record sales would be very valid, but to say it has anything to with skill is a bit too much. Especially in the music indestry where its all hype and who your are signed to who you know and who pays who c'mon Chrissette Michelle is way more talented than Rihanna yet who is mor popular?
    Last edited by Caesar Augustus; August 3rd, 2009 at 02:11 AM
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

Re: Someone help me out about jay-z

all i want to say is fuck jay-z. bye now
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.