Showing results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Best Kanye West Album

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

Re: Best Kanye West Album

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart View Post
    i feel the same about graduation and college dropout not registration

i dunno i find it difficult to actually listen to college dropout sometimes, it's almost like kanye went leaps and bounds ahead of that, and alot times it just comes off as his best work.
    somehow that made sense and I completely agree. The problem with College Dropout is the rampant sampling and yet its the best part of it. The beats werent as hard hitting but they were just right and yet they can go neck and neck with any production today.

I feel College Dropout was Kanye's best album as a loose concept album and where his ego was present but wasn't as huge as it was on Graduation which I found his best work after. I loved Late Registration as well and I find that it contains alot of his best production as well. You can argue his first 3 cd's, but 808s, though pretty good was easily his worst album
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

college dropout for damn sure...his new CD's weren't as compelling as when he was new on the rap scene I guess...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    21-6

Late Registration....

was so dope....
    [/url]

dissing avatar overrated Average Man's Avatar

1. 808s & Heartbreaks
    Dunno why there's so much hate, hella masterful pop album. Best tracks are "Welcome to Hearbreak ft. Kid Cudi," "Amazing ft. Young Jeezy," and "See You In My Nightmares ft. Lil Wayne" imo.
    2. College Dropout
    3. Late Registration
    "Roses" is just so damn good.
    4. Graduation.
    Yuck. ):
    If you're serious about music and you wanna work then holla at me. I'm here to improve my rhymes.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Average Man View Post
    1. 808s & Heartbreaks
    Dunno why there's so much hate, hella masterful pop album. Best tracks are "Welcome to Hearbreak ft. Kid Cudi," "Amazing ft. Young Jeezy," and "See You In My Nightmares ft. Lil Wayne" imo.
    2. College Dropout
    3. Late Registration
    4. Graduation.
    Yuck. ):
    I agree, for what it was mean to be, 808s is a good pop album, and still had some tracks that were decent. The problem was the monotony of the whole theme and sound.. he should have switched it up a bit. College dropout still the top for me.. like dude said, his ego was there, but not too much. He just had his swag, but not a total overconfidence (which is what happens to dudes like Kanye and Wayne sometimes..).

The last show Ye did in Chicago was actually refreshing from what I heard though.. still bumped some old tracks and had his performance game on. That's probably cause it was for his charity that he started (keeping kids in school, ironically, but i dig it)... they should be playing it on TV i would guess, that is if he wants some charity exposure

he talks about that charity a little bit in this interview... he sounds like he's back on point, off that "i'm a genius" stuff. he's madd talented, and this stuff for his mom is right on point, too

College Dropout, but its not easy to choose. He got something as an artist that he brings to all his albums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeah it is a tough choise, but CD is what i vibed with the most, and still have the most memories about what I was doing at the time of my life. Those are the albums that stick with me, the ones that date you to a certain period ya know.

What's up for that concert this weekend, anybody checkin it out? I'm kinda off it being a Saturday night so I might just record it. Saturday at 8pm when it starts: I'll be about 3 drinks deep by the point! LOL Plus I don't have Fuse, and they the only ones showing it. Oh well, I'll get my boy to record it cause I heard it was actually a dope performance.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

There wasn't much CD action on the tv concert this weekend, but i guess that's expected when they only play FIVE songs from the performance!!!!

but other than him blowing his high note at the end (LOL) his performance was dope.. he kills ish. The rest of the time it was interviews with him and the staff of the Kanye West Foundation - which after seeing this, I think is really gonna be a cool organization..

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

The College Dropout

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

Soule

Quote Originally Posted by Average Man View Post
    1. 808s & Heartbreaks
    2. College Dropout
    3. Late Registration
    4. Graduation.
    Yuck. ):
    That's the problem, most are RAP fans... not pop fans.
    Myself, I'm a rap and rock fan... so I'd choose those over pop anyday.