Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Eminem, Jay-Z Share Stage For 'DJ Hero' Party

Battle Record
    3-4

Re: Eminem, Jay-Z Share Stage For 'DJ Hero' Party

Ok i can take that, it was (unusually for you) a good summary for a lot of people. But its a split. Theres people who like you are sick of the old and want the new to come through and then theres the other half like me who think in all honesty theres nobody really feeling their shoes and making the kind of classics they did.

And im not saying new dudes should make the same music as these but by making classics like a jay or em i mean make something that will stand the test of time like SSLP MMLP blueprint black album.

There isnt a single new artist, i think, that has anywhere near the size of impact that these two had and still have

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mmmmmm kate

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I listen to way too much other music to get too much Eminem or Jay-Z. IDK... maybe it's just me, but I rarely listen t the same shit all the time. I own a lot of dope music.

Battle Record
    3-4

well i know my music knowledge is tiny compared to a lot of dudes in RB, i just cant get into 90% of un commercial artists, ive tried but i just cant lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mmmmmm kate

Banned
    Battle Record
    2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Casito View Post
    Ok i can take that, it was (unusually for you) a good summary for a lot of people. But its a split. Theres people who like you are sick of the old and want the new to come through and then theres the other half like me who think in all honesty theres nobody really feeling their shoes and making the kind of classics they did.

And im not saying new dudes should make the same music as these but by making classics like a jay or em i mean make something that will stand the test of time like SSLP MMLP blueprint black album.

There isnt a single new artist, i think, that has anywhere near the size of impact that these two had and still have
    word, true said dude, true said

Battle Record
    1-1

Yea but that's what I'm saying, it's like, Jay and Em made such good albums, top notch crazy off the hook amazing shit, that it's made me hate the new shit theyre bringing out.

Don't get me wrong i'll listen to the MMLP all day long, but like, Relapse is not good imo.

I dunno maybe it's dope? But its the same old shit ya know? It's like Encore 2. And kingdom come was poor imo. It just aint on their previous level so maybe i'm just bored of their new shit?

Like Wayne isnt the best lyricist, infact he talks crazy nonsensical shit for 3/4 of his lyrics, but the change from C2 to C3 was so fresh that everyone (apart from RB haterz) fucked with it.

That's why i'm saying i'd like to see Em do something new album wise, with a new artist, I mean, he did Smack That with Akon and people loved it, Jay's shit with Coldplay, that was fresh that was new and it was good.

I just like artists trying to expand their shit and bring in fresh ideas instead of using the same old tired formula.

Em and Andre3k
    Em and Elton John
    Em and Kanye

e.t.c

Tell me you wouldn't enjoy that shit, coz I know I would.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Sure, I'd enjoy it. Who wouldn't? But Jay and Em had ONE song together. Not like it's been done over and over again.

I liked relapse tho. I thought the shit was different. Nothing like Encore for sure lol. It was an insane concept album. I think people listened to it expecting Encore 2.

Kingdom Come was too commercial for me. I loved more than half of it tho. There's still some dope tracks on that album that are on my permanent playlist. Surely a failure fr Jay-Z tho. But American Gangster? Another dope concept album. So I don't see how they're not keeping it fresh.

Battle Record
    3-4

Well yeah of course id enjoying seeing either of those combos but em and jay is new and fresh as it hasnt ever really happened (i dont think)

I see what ya saying, that you want something different but then if they did do something different outside their box you get the same split. It would be half thinking "damn this is fresh" then there'd be "wow em really fell off, shoulda stuck to old formula" its endless. Swings and roundabouts.

But relapse 2 is supposed to have a lot of features on it so many something newer is what we'll get with that.

As for relapse, the whole idea is relapsing back to SSLP MMLP so obviously your mind was made up before you actually listened to it that it wasnt gonna be something new. Relapse is a "grower album" for me and after having it for a couple weeks i just think its crazy dope and the best album available right now in any genre

mmmmmm kate

Battle Record
    7-1

I prefer the Royce version on Renegade better....

Leave me alone

Banned
    Battle Record
    2-1

Naw, fuck that. Royce and Em on bad meets evil & rock with me was tight for a collab

Battle Record
    7-1

Quote Originally Posted by Kazper™ View Post
    Naw, fuck that. Royce and Em on bad meets evil & rock with me was tight for a collab
    Renegades with Royce and Em, would've put Royce on the map, those other two songs, did nothing for Royce.

I like Rock With Me, minus the chorus, for a guest appearance, might as well had someone else because when they released that single no one wanted to hear an Eminem singing feature, so it fell off, hard, as did Royce's album at that point. sucked.

this is all just my opinion tho.

Leave me alone