User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: WK 6: Mal Diction Vs Phalanx - Phalanx Wins

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

WK 6: Mal Diction Vs Phalanx - Phalanx Wins

Punches due Thursday
    Voting ends on Sunday

You know the rules, if not, refer to the rule thread.

@mal diction
    @Phalanx

Battle Record
    3-17

Re: WK 6: Mal Diction Vs Phalanx

in...
    aka Sorrow: the Broken Wing

You'll get the point... Phalanx's Avatar
    Battle Record
    19-1
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner FL Champion

Hi.

You'll get the point... Phalanx's Avatar
    Battle Record
    19-1
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner FL Champion

Spar with me?
    You'll see heaven's gate..Tell ya peeps to find a lawyer to accept the case
    I wouldnt consider Malpractice..but they should once docs fail to reccesitate

Battle Record
    3-17

his girl’s a slut, I compute, it doesn't take much to Fold her
    But b/c she down-load Phal-anx been giving her the cold shoulder
    aka Sorrow: the Broken Wing

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    8-7
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Re: WK 6: Mal Diction Vs Phalanx - Open For Votes

Phal
    Liked the scheme the rhyming parts on the punch/set up were a little hard to make work. Good punch tho.
    Mal just brought all that software jargon, played as fuck
    Plottin your demise.

Battle Record
    1-0

Malpractice wordplay was nice, pretty sure it's resuscitate so the rhyming is slightly off but otherwise dope.
    Mal's scheme looked to have been built around the "download phal/file" wordplay which is ok, however, the following "anx been giving her the cold shoulder didn't tie in, missing the idea of a scheme, IE to include wordplay with a central theme in the lead up to the main wordplay punch which would have been where the cold shoulder part was to make the scheme-punch complete.

Vote Phalanx

Battle Record
    59-22
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

im going to assuming the bold font in Mal's bar can be considered performance. i think most people have gotten away from italicizing or using bold font. its distracting and i think insulting to most readers unless its doing something specific to enhance the bar. Phal\s ressessssitate bar probably isnt a new concept but it is smoothly worded with a nice rhyme scheme

v/ Phalanx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    24-4

Quote Originally Posted by MV View Post
    im going to assuming the bold font in Mal's bar can be considered performance. i think most people have gotten away from italicizing or using bold font. its distracting and i think insulting to most readers unless its doing something specific to enhance the bar. Phal\s ressessssitate bar probably isnt a new concept but it is smoothly worded with a nice rhyme scheme

v/ Phalanx

Gotta agree, when it was pretty simple as well to understand, I have a problem of putting shit too complex into text personally but I don't think the bold needs to be putting into us, we all have a pretty advanced vocabulary to try to piece together at least what we thought you meant Mal lol. Fodler, Download would have been better if you just called him Phal instead of adding the and in there

Phalanx to me had a better wordplay in my opinion either way, Mal tried to do too much on a played concept so you get the W didn't need much.

V/ Phal
    CΛVEMEN
    Axe

Battle Record
    4-3

I think both flips sound pretty played to me but phalanx had better execution and the bold text really threw me, had to reread it which probably took some of the sting out of it

V/phalanx

You've Earned a Custom Title! King Dee Bee's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

VOTE: PHALANX

Both drops were ok. I feel like Mal Diction mighta seen Mal Practice lines done on him before. I like Mal's concepts of the download files thing better and seems like a fresher Idea but the way it was written with the goofy bolds and it read a little choppy took a lot ways from the impact. Phalanx Nameplay while simple definitely flowed better and got it's desired impact. It's. Like possibly an older concept but written perfect vs a little more creative idea but written awkward and gimmicky. MVGT Phalanx for better wording and hitting a little harder.
    3 Kingz Cartel....1x B-R-V Text Rap champ