User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Who runs this site now. Why is it so inactive?

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Re: Who runs this site now. Why is it so inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by A Disciple View Post
    @Soule you all have very good points but what about us that use the site as a sky drive or advertise it that way since it’s harder and harder to save your ish and a good back up for computer crashes or lost drives etc. ALSO it can be camped like a zip recruiter for people looking for talent. When I see this site in the future I see people paying a membership fee to be a part of to advertise their work and maybe get “discovered” Big Mike from my home town and I just wrote him to see if maybe he can help direct people that matter our way… @Oxymoron @kewl_jay @Candy @Emily
    I feel you. I'm sure alot of people will disagree with what I'm about to say (but hey, capitalism, right?), but I wouldn't mind at all if there was a subscription fee to the site. Now, before we get to that point, we would definitely need to give the forum skin a fresh look to give it more appeal. I say subscription fee because it we as moderators really wanted to, we could give this site a premium feel. I would love to host leagues and create immersive content, to just really dive into it like I do with my podcast, but I only get really serious when monetization is there for me to profit from. Like, when I left LLL last season, I didn't stop working on content for my podcast, I've spent everyday building up collections for each release, several hours of content for each uploaded collection, and I've been working on album material for more original content that I can add to each collection. I go all out for that. If there was a way to get paid to host a league, I would be like super happy, because, you know, capitalism. Shit, I would even welcome donations. But if there was a subscription fee that moderators could generate money off of from the site, I would never stop running leagues. I would do that shit all year round. When I left LLL I did that because I was going pretty hard despite it being a secondary project for me, I'm not one to go hard on a task where I feel my effort is being underappreciated, especially when doing it for free. At least with Penthusiast I'm reaching out to a much larger audience base and increasing my chances of making good money from it.

Me coming back and doing this shit free now, like with running the Lethal Event Series? That's me being reluctant to see text battling/audio battling die. That's it. I promise you there isn't a single person on this site that has been around the scene longer than I have. I've been around since AOL used to solicit homes with free disks. From AOL Chat Rooms, to the very first text battling sites, Davey D's, ICU, Sethro's, Lyricists Domain, Mr. Blunt's, I mean shit, I really don't want to see this culture die out. At all. So I'm content not getting paid off it or whatever, but getting paid to keep it alive would be pretty fucking awesome. LOL.

Battle Record
    0-2

@kewl_jay that’s awesome I’ll help to if I can but despite my tech degree mental illness has me shot right now. I reached out to a DJ from my hometown too and he said he will check out the site

- - - Updated - - -

Price wise I think we should keep it mad low monthly like even cheaper than an ap or at least no more than an ap
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Does Cody Nash have administrative powers still or have I been reaching out to the wrong guy? I need the capability to add medals to a member's account. If that doesn't happen, then it invalidates anything I try in terms of running leagues and events.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

You could throw a rock and you'd probably hit an admin. We have more admins than we do active members. But yeah, Cody's an admin. You can try Kill Spree (probably the most active) or Nohbody, aka Dia.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
    You could throw a rock and you'd probably hit an admin. We have more admins than we do active members. But yeah, Cody's an admin. You can try Kill Spree (probably the most active) or Nohbody, aka Dia.

Hey Celph, hope you're well.
    Nohbody btw isn't Dia, its Enoch Light : )

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

lol yea, im definitely not Diasick

I am admined, but i dont run this site or make decisions about anything. Only reason im admined is because i come in about once a week to go through threads and delete bot accounts.

IMO, this site just serves as an archive while its still up. im far from active or involved at this point

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Hey Celph, hope you're well.
    Nohbody btw isn't Dia, its Enoch Light : )

I'm good, how have you been?

And ah, thought it was him because I didn't see that Stranger alias any longer and didn't know if he changed his name or something. :X

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    0-2

Archive is perfect and exactly why we should start charging a fee. I have a DJ who I’ve asked to help promote the site but really haven’t heard too much back. My vision is we charge an app fee for archive, learning, and get noticed by professionals who don’t hide behind screen names that may want to discover talent so we can pay the admins and ALLL make money doing what we obviously will do for free but why have to? A man who loves his job has no work the proverb says… so who do we talk to about that?
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

Battle Record
    0-2

Oh and that reminds me… the feds were scoping the site and that’s why everyone left… if we charge and app fee we would need to set up some type of clause that they can’t target and investigate on lyrics like that either. Like a safe haven to speak
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

And ah, thought it was him because I didn't see that Stranger alias any longer and didn't know if he changed his name or something. :X

Im well thanks Celph.
    Kinda wishing the year was over already; it's been a difficult one so far so looking forward to a better one next year.
    Stay well Celph : )

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-1

I need someone with something resembling admin permissions to hmu. Discord is preferable - Pun#4472

Or just message me on NC, which I check once a day

I can help but I need some cooperation, and to an extent, doing what I say, which I think is earned because I can still get a league to run smoothly in 2022.

Originally Posted by Clout
    the Slyest white man alive, Sharp Nine.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Im well thanks Celph.
    Kinda wishing the year was over already; it's been a difficult one so far so looking forward to a better one next year.
    Stay well Celph : )
    Been working almost every day for the past 3 years; I assure you, I'm right there with ya

CypherAlumni

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Call Enoch Dia again and it’s hands on sight

Battle Record
    0-2

Well… I know most people don’t like me but I’m up to help the site if anyone need me. I’ve been dedicated… and would hate to see it die
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15

Quote Originally Posted by Kill Spree View Post
    Call Enoch Dia again and it’s hands on sight
    Dude...I have NO iDIA what you're talking about.

CypherAlumni