User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Who runs this site now. Why is it so inactive?

Who runs this site now. Why is it so inactive?

Just curious?

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

Re: Who runs this site now. Why is it so inactive?

The guys who took over decided Podcasts and Social Media was cooler and left.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    The guys who took over decided Podcasts and Social Media was cooler and left.
    So nobody is running the site anymore? They are just leaving it to dissapear like the rest of the good battle board websites. Kind of sad really.

Battle Record
    0-2

Seriously it is… you know how much ish I have up on here?!!??

- - - Updated - - -

I just want the pac and biggie experts back to be honest…
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

We should try to revive the activity to the website somehow. Ive posted on these boards since rapmusic.com and mrblunt.com. its a shame to see not a single active board.. theres got to be enough writers around to get one website consistent with active members.

Battle Record
    0-2

Guys I did forget to mention the feds were on the sight too… I think that’s why everyone left. I have an IG ad_rapbattles trying to advertise and find more people too @Pastor _rhymes @Soule @Candy @Emily
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by PASTOR RHYMES View Post
    We should try to revive the activity to the website somehow. Ive posted on these boards since rapmusic.com and mrblunt.com. its a shame to see not a single active board.. theres got to be enough writers around to get one website consistent with active members.

Not making excuses, but boards are a thing of the past, sadly.

You have websites that serve as an amalgamation of things that better serve the interest of people these days without it being its stand alone thing, such as Reddit and Facebook.

For us, it's not nearly the same experience, but for them? It works. To them it's like, why come to a site like this when I can stay on Facebook or Reddit and seamlessly get my fix from the endless supply of FB groups and subreddits that exist today?

Believe me. I wish I could sit here and tell you like, yeah, hip hop forum's still have a place. However, that's just not the case. They appeal to a small demographic, and that demographic is already here... in their 30's, with kids, houses, and finances they got to worry about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

Truth

Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by PASTOR RHYMES View Post
    Mr. Blunt. That's a rare mention. I've been around since before all that even, and I've run into a lot of different folks who drop website names that I never heard of before, but that's the first time I've heard that name in at least 20 years.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by kewl jey View Post
    Mr. Blunt. That's a rare mention. I've been around since before all that even, and I've run into a lot of different folks who drop website names that I never heard of before, but that's the first time I've heard that name in at least 20 years.

Same. That's even before my time, I think.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
    Believe me. I wish I could sit here and tell you like, yeah, hip hop forum's still have a place. However, that's just not the case. They appeal to a small demographic, and that demographic is already here... in their 30's, with kids, houses, and finances they got to worry about.
    this comment hit like the first time some teenager calls you sir in public.
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

I tried many times most recently to varied success, but you have admins that come out of the woodworks after being gone for years when they see shit even a little active and make dangerous decisions that affect the future of the site, sadly only thing we can accomplish is being less dead lol.
    If I never keep the admins informed at what was going on here and informed them of everything I do, then they probably wouldn't have even knew what was going on here, and we could have ran amuk.
    you can't work on the site when you can't deal with the main person that operates shit and they don't know what's going on, best to do your own shit.
    Last edited by Lil Corpse; July 13th, 2022 at 05:08 AM

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Ive tried many times to get audio battles with me going over the years on here. just, nobodys interested. they never have been. even buying a webcam mic to try. people dont want to. surely most people have some form of mic these days.

I still am. but not like i used to be.. time flows on. Havent recorded something in like mm 2 years or so. which mmm aint that long really. i usually do one recording a year..
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
    Ive tried many times to get audio battles with me going over the years on here. just, nobodys interested. they never have been. even buying a webcam mic to try. people dont want to. surely most people have some form of mic these days.

I still am. but not like i used to be.. time flows on. Havent recorded something in like mm 2 years or so. which mmm aint that long really. i usually do one recording a year..
    Would you be interested in doing an audio battle?

Battle Record
    0-2

@Soule you all have very good points but what about us that use the site as a sky drive or advertise it that way since it’s harder and harder to save your ish and a good back up for computer crashes or lost drives etc. ALSO it can be camped like a zip recruiter for people looking for talent. When I see this site in the future I see people paying a membership fee to be a part of to advertise their work and maybe get “discovered” Big Mike from my home town and I just wrote him to see if maybe he can help direct people that matter our way… @Oxymoron @kewl_jay @Candy @Emily
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919