8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

Sacred Scriptures Preseason Week 1: Sammy vs OG Maestro

Preseason Week 1

@Sammy vs @OG Maestro

This is the Preseason Week 1
    Check in by 1/11
    Verses by 1/14
    Extension if needed will be 24hr extra and must be request 24 hrs before the deadline for verses
    At least 16 lines
    Vote must have a two line critique of both drops

Here are your topics

http://pre00.deviantart.net/3d78/th/...ei-d54fsb3.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...299637d34d.jpg

Hateful 8
    To Die A Lonely Death

Reclusive Injections
    Diversionary Tactics

@Sammy @OG Maestro
    Last edited by 143; January 8th, 2016 at 03:54 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best Topical Writer: 143

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Re: Sacred Scriptures Preseason Week 1: Sammy vs OG Maestro

Alright. The King is back.

Awards PC HOF

yesh yesh yall

Awards PC HOF

http://pre00.deviantart.net/3d78/th/...ei-d54fsb3.jpg

To Die A Lonely Death

I've listened to music that's strange
    The muse and the pain
    Words are taken with salt, at times truth is ingrain
    Over time we've removed all the acoustics for lucrative range
    Echo the populace cause not every two cents' the same
    Grab a mirror
    Look at it. closer, nigga! Hear it callin you?!
    It's the voice of imperfection. You're neither sweet nor flawless
    On the heels of Adonis
    It peeks. Problem is you'd rather breeze through the comics
    Strip self of meaning. Art's just some tease; it’s garbage
    Word loses all meaning if it's too real to acknowledge, right?
    Dress it up.
    That overall appeal hangs on shoulders of artists
    But they roll with applause. its sick, knowing by proxy such motion can topple the
    Whole of social responsiveness. So stand aside, feel the sand, the sound.
    respect reserved for the glam, the proud.
    recognize that wisdom’s silent.. and pearls are struck in every “clam it down"
    this is warfare. scar bare marks shared with the broken,
    the brooding. toking in fume to indulge in the tune.
    so pump kerosene into my heart to jump start my fire
    numbed sounds expires; dumb down.
    this dire tune requires new vitals. Soon, friend,
    very soon trends moves in two steps
    movement: Hate-Love, in the end ... revolution
    Last edited by Sammy; January 11th, 2016 at 02:27 AM

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

lemme see what I can come up with tonight

Battle Record
    91-46

To Die A Lonely Death.

Strictly freestyled. yo.
    OGM back in this bitch. okay.
    Uhhh, listen.

I once juxtaposed those hoes with nose gold,
    And denim jean; a bezel, designer; The Devil In Prada
    I once struck with the lot, who was gettin' money
    But when shit got crummy, they ain't gave a fuck when it stopped --
    The cash flow, but it's funny...
    We was all children playing Legos how we Stuck To The Block
    Blacksmiths for Keys, but never had enough for a lock
    Both parties were immature; hence where we sleep "the crib",
    Just children. And that mortician's white sheet was the bib
    I grew up on an Eye For An Eye, meaning I'll die for a guy
    The Strongest Survive.
    Rob and steal for Life Span -- that's how the longest arrived,
    Called 'em "OG's", those that survived past 25?
    This was the daily mantra of the hood; it's wrong but... IT'S ALIVE:
    The Frankenstein's of society...
    They lied but we... feed the market as simple sentient pawns for Simians
    Meaning: we look for ends of the means, and they count means for the ends,
    Monkeys with pleasure for leather;
    And even better I started reading Corinthians, seeing all my sins
    At the end, almost decided to write a letter to the CNN's...but,
    I guess what I'm saying is that the hood's an insane asylum,
    I went insane inside it,
    Police shouting for Remaining Silent, but they couldn't bare the pain inside 'em,
    Now they're the same as violent.
    Why you think the girls chase those that play ball or rap?
    Everybody wants to get away from the trap, A$AP.
    Using fame to hide it, never coming back; but there's always a way to find it,
    And it rides the track...of our membrane, the memory of the brain
    Tellin' these old stories through each of us, the history is the same
    These bodies are the caskets of our soul. it's like at birth we buried a friend
    Got damn, we all doctors -- cause we each carry a cemetery within
    An urbian existentialist, barely bottom feeding and roaming with breath
    When you're surrounded by The Walking Dead, life is the loneliest death
    Lonely at best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awards OM HOF

How do I pick a winner when both verses are so evenly matched? No bullshit fellas, but, I honestly read both your drops several times. Usually, I just go with my gut and choose the winner based on which one I liked best. However, in the case of this battle, that gut instinct just isn't clear. It's like you both have verses covered in dust and debris. At first glance they seem decent, definitely not bad in the slightest, but given this is an exhibition match, somewhat below your standards. However, after re-reading what you guys laid out and really slowing it down to absorb each and every word, I'm not convinced my original assessment is accurate. What I discovered after a much closer review was scattered diamonds hidden in both verses. As well as a deeper, more meaningful, perspectives on life.

Sammy:
    I could never quite grasp what part of the social spectrum your piece was trying to critique. In the beginning it seemed like the commercialization of art, in particular as it applies to music in the mainstream and, the subsequenial act of dumbing down the creativity of the product and overall message for profitability. Then you jumped ship towards the middle and started locking in on The picture itself. Then just as suddenly returned to the original concept from before. Although, I'm a little confused...I guess overall what you were really saying is that these artist that are out here putting out garbage and getting rich doing so, know damn well that they sacrificed their talent for the paper, but no matter how large their bank accounts grow ultimately the truth will catch up to them, and what's not real or timeless will eventually crumble like a pile of ashes and fade in the breeze. At least that's my assesment. Like I always say, "all things must eventually bow down to the truth". I think your use of satire was pretty good. I think you rhetorical perspective was effective when employed. And, most importantly, I think you poetic sense of wording is always stellar. There were some strange stoppages in flow due to grammatical details, but for the most part I could breeze through the entirety of your verse. My only grip would be to throw in a line taking a solid stance on your theme to take out some of the guess work for the reader. I don't mind personal interpretation, some times we even find things in each others' work, that even the writer of said work might have missed; but nonetheless, just give me a clue I'm on the right path, then again, maybe I am. Good drop. Interesting read. Creative.

OG Maestro:
    That was interesting. It was a very poetic take on the age old street narrative we are all probably familiar with in the realm of the hip hop landscape. You had some clever wordplay, some of it worked, some of it could be tweaked, but it all was unique. I think the craftiness of the wording took away from some of the raw and visceral emotion this pieces is rooted in, but on the flipside it added an air of maturity and sophistication that id usually absent in these sort of retellings. Perhaps not the most compelling story, but it was intriguing. You have a knack for picking the most unorthodox phrases and making them blend in a creative way that is uniquely your own. You're pieces are never prepackaged or run of the mill. They're always...just...just something different and worth exploring.

Vote - Draw

However, since those aren't allowed (I guess) I think I'll have to give the edge to OG in this one. I think the writing was about even, but the content was a little more relatable in his verse. Honestly, it could go either way. Pretty good warm-up regardless fellas.

Peace.
    Last edited by SELF ACTIVATE; January 19th, 2016 at 08:12 PM

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

@Sammy , I really respect the philosophical side you come from. I admire the sophistication in your wording and the air it holds.
    It has a certain 'grace' about it which is testament not only to the tone but also the melody you've been able to hold, keeping this a smooth read. Your intro was clean and compelled me to keep on reading. I like the poetic elegance your verse had. You've got some lines that are absolutely GOLD. Stunningly worded. What a beautiful writer you are.
    I've got a major headache so I'm not going to go on like I normally might with feed. So this one's just gonna be short and sweet.
    The ideology in your piece is the draw card for me. The values you put down and the way you deliver your reasoning falls into place for me. My neg would be, I'd love to hone it all down to one thought concept, and never stray from that. Only because your main player is the pic you've gone with, and at times, I had her with me in your words, at times, she was the last thing from my mind.
    But I was very impressed by your work. Nice one Sammy.

@OG
    You've got a loud, hard, fast, beat in your wording here. I like the speed of it. It also holds an air of certainty. Like everything you've said is written in cement and is taught at bible study, and 'everyone spread the word' lol
    It's just got a definite sense of strength about it. Seemed a lot more 'Open Mike-ish' with the rhythm and the technical aspects of the rhymes. It's a story I've heard before, many times, but your take on things always has your signature on it, and this was no exception. I gotta admit, the rap vibe got me. I love it. I'm compelled to keep on reading, but the disadvantage for me is, its not always due to the meaning of the wording, but more so to the lyrical aspect of the melody. As you said yourself, you free styled this
    and that alone impresses me. It also tells me you could do a lot more for this piece if you had more time.
    You've got some killer quotes that rhyme like they've been dipped in honey. So sweet. Yet the words are rough (because of the content). I love that oppositional style. It always gets me.

So now I'm a bit stuck for a vote. To be honest, they're both such different styles and I don't know how I can compare them and vote on one. But such is life. I dont know. I have to read them over again and just, ..... go with the one I like more, I guess.
    I think OG's was a little bit more fluent for me where the meaning of it all is concerned.
    Sammy's was well written but I got slightly lost at stages, only a bit, but I did wonder a little. Yet with OG's like I said...set in stone.

So my vote goes to...

OG.

But this was a close call people.
    I'm very impressed by both your pieces and I hope you keep up the good work.
    Well done to you both.
    Close call for me here.
    Last edited by Emily; January 20th, 2016 at 11:27 PM

Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

NOT going to lie but both verses takes me back to the early 90's where I was at a spoken word joint owned by Dwayne Wiggins of TONY TONI TONE, and seeing poets D-Nice and Amiri Baraka drop some ill verses.

Sam...Not only you take the picture and bring representation to different parts of the picture in the verse but weaving the title through the varicose veins of it all. I got the separation through the matriculation of ones self and correlating it to music. I love the staccato lines bringing emo to the verse in a concentrated form. Because I have a good grasp with the abstract world this read clearly to me as your stance not being one of an ending but one as a beginning or passing of the torch. You reached outside yourself for this one bringing one strong verse.

OG.. So you played "see you and raise you one" not only taking the same topic but bringing a similar style verse to the streets. I can relate this to Amiri due to the fact that at some point it felt like you were preaching on action. With that being said you brought in all the aspects the streets respect and disrespect, religion, self worth, finance, livability. Even the intro was a telltale of the nature of this verse that played well. Overall as far as the delivery I thought it was cool that you gave that thin veil that it could have been keyed up yet injecting this intelligence that flourish into something that had me wanting to protest something

Vote OHGEE

Solely on the fact that his verse was hard edge which gave a defining boundary of topic. Just ahead by a gold nose....

Best Topical Writer: 143