User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: RapBattles.com Magazine(Full Site Edition)

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

RapBattles.com Magazine(Full Site Edition)

RapBattles.com Magazine(Full Site Edition)
    Written by Niccolo
    (The Self-Proclaimed Greatest Magazine Writer Of RapBattles)

Table of Contents

Page 1. Introduction
    Page 2. Rant
    Page 3. Name Dropping
    Page 4. Words From Our Administration
    Page 5. Front Lines
    Page 6. Open Mic
    Page 7. New Members
    Page 8. Recognition
    Page 9. LLL
    Page 10. Scared Scriptures
    Page 11. The 1 - 2 Punch
    Page 12. Haiku League
    Page 13. Video Battle League
    Page 14. Poets Corner
    Page 15. Suggestions & Idea's
    Page 16. Closing Note

Under construction Should be up in asap
    Last edited by Nicasso; September 7th, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Re: RapBattles.com Magazine(Full Site Edition)

Introduction.........
    Page 1:

RapBattles.com what's sup I hope all you fuck terds are doing well. Sorry that it took me a extended amount of time to get this shit done. All of you guys & girls better enjoy this shit, ya'll really don't understand how much time to write a mag of this caliber takes. I will be making sure I "try" to hit each and every possible section that matters. This will be one loaded mag I will make sure it's as on point as possible. I will cover each and every league, so if you are the current champion of some shit you will get a mention for your accomplishment. It will have tons of interviews, tons of quotable shit, full of drama, and people will be called out. So if you have done some stupid shit lately prepare to be tossed under the bus, if you have been active & successful you will be mentioned. If you are a attention whore, and I forget you, oh fucking well cry me a river. Now buckle your seat belts put your helmet on this is about to be one hell of a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^Sex Sales^^^^^

Last edited by Nicasso; September 6th, 2014 at 06:24 AM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Rant.........
    Page 2:

For those of you like who the fuck is this guy I'm simply a newbie that honestly got bored. So I will take this time to introduce myself Niccolo, first time on this site but not new to sites like this. Still learning the ropes, and trying to get more exposer so what other way, but to hit you guys with a dope fucking Mag.

You people don't understand how much research this shit took me, keep in mind I only been on this site for a few weeks. What's wrong with this not leaving feed epidemic, at first I thought it was just taking place in Open Mic but its site wide. That shits not cool. Oh and how could I forget the No-Show epidemic, it's been so bad people are actually being crowned champion. So if you have no showed recently play in moving traffic.

Wtf wtf, I noticed alot of leagues are in their playoffs. What I don't get is what's the fucking point of a regular season if everyone advances to the playoffs regardless. So you telling me if I go 12-0 and Joe Smuck goes 0-12 we both make it and are giving equal opportunity to win it all. Minds well have fucking weekly tournaments,because in a egg shell thats what we are doing.
    Last edited by Nicasso; September 6th, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Name Dropping
    Page 3:

Niccolo, @‎...Celph Taut @Billy Bigelow ‎@Blanco @christopher Kringle ‎@Drunken Monk @‎Fatt Sajak @‎God of War @ILLunatic @Johnny Soul ‎@L.E @‎Lawd ‎@Letterman @‎Mantra @Moniker @Mr. Black @Ol Negro @Plexus @Rilla @Smog @Split Eight @The Real Spit @Touche Guerrero @WineO @Yoda @Atti @Know P @Fresh @Lenox @kid sick,
    Last edited by Nicasso; September 7th, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Words From Our Administration
    Page 4:

Well I pmed our Admin @ILLunatic he pretty much said fuck giving a few words for the people so fuck it I'm give him a few words for the people. Bring some of the old goodies back like the scrolling custom titles. Hire some new mods maybe like two or three more active heads to help handle things when each of the other mods are tied up. Maybe bless with another dope skinn, keep it mind this is just random I haven't changed my skinn since joining the site. Something I seen someone suggest- allow people to get there old accounts unbanned, if only they were banned for something stupid, or something they did years ago that now you know they wouldn't try. I don't know if this is a thing, but allow name changes. A lot of leagues are coming to a end bless the site with some tourneys I like the idea of tag tourneys, we def need a topical tourney text been getting a lot of love.
    Last edited by Nicasso; September 8th, 2014 at 07:33 PM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Front lines
    Page 5:

First and foremost I want to give a shout to the front lines for being hands down the most active area.Every day it's a new battle going up or an old one being voted on. So everyone THAT plays a part in this pat your self on the back. Also big ups to the mods @Word z AhGod and @Fresh for keeping shit running smoothly.

Current Champ Match

Joe Boston vs KnowP [OPEN FOR VOTES]
    If you haven't Rapbattles you guys need to def hit this up with a vote my original prediction was @KnowP Would man handle @Joe Boston but so far I'm completely wrong this is one well contested champ match and you haven't checked it out yet it's time for you to wake the fuck!

Last edited by Nicasso; September 8th, 2014 at 07:04 PM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Open Mic
    Page 7:

.Top 5 Writers Of Month

No order this is based off consistency, drops and skills. Detailed reasoning in works

@Samajae
    Samajae hit us with piece after piece after piece. Dude was flat out on fire, normally when someone post a lot like he did from what I've seen so far it lacks. Not in this case more than 80% of what I've read from dude was top notch. These rankings are based off of quality of work, activity, and feed back given. When it came down to Samajae he went that extra mile some of us didn't. Also if it wasn't due to some bs he would still have an HoF nom this month. With the work he has been posting I expect to see his name all over the Hall of Fame in the months to come. Clap it up for in my eyes someone who's in my top 5 favorites right now to read work from. Def earned his spot in the top 5 hands down.

@KnowP
    This guy already had his hands full being the open mic mod. But some how still posted more stuff then a lot of other folks. He gets a spot in the top five due to activity, body of work, and also feed. Know P gave us work all over open mic, from the cypher to plain open Mics. What some of you don't understand is being mod and still being able to do this is a hard task. Good shit my guy. Not to mention his work was stronger then everyone else I considered putting in top 5.

@Plexus
    A lot of people I feel slept on this guy to much, keep in mind I'm new so I could be wrong. Plexus had some very good drops that had me on the edge of my seat. He also like everyone else in this top 5 was mad active. Feed wise he was neck and neck with Samajae for feeder of the month. This guy has mad skills if you are sleeping wake the fuck up. The work I've read from this guy clearly tells me he's a vet and has been doing this thing for a while. Please fucking read his slept on work for fucks sate.

@Johnny Soul
    This guy came off to me as a jerk, but I will and cannot hate greatness. All of his drops were a breathe of fresh air. They were creative and well rounded and put together. Active, and feed wise this guy is brutally honest to people which I respect. I did some research on him outside of the open mic area and checked out s.s I believe that's what it is called and was more impressed with his work there. Top 5 for the month hands down when you factor in the requirements I'm judging with or not.

@ Baron Mynd‎
    Writing wise each one of his post quality wise was in my opinion top 2 easily. I don't know to much about the guy but did some research no damn wonder he's a legend here. His writing ability alone was and inspiration. Everything he posted I enjoyed and feel out did most of the (I guess the word to use is comp.) activity wise he left a decent amount of feed I would like you to post more and leave more feed on newer people work. Only to help create some more great writers. Focus more on giving the new members feed back this only a suggestion to improve people. To kinda let your skills help others. I honestly have you as my favorite artist at the moment. Top 5 hands down.

Honorable Mention-
    @Lenox
    @143
    @Emilyinthepool

Interview

Will be, two up first is JS!

@Johnny Soul

Question #1. Right now who do you feel is the most consistent open mic writer active at the moment?

It's probably a close call between Infected Pens (143, KnowP, Ntalek) or Plexus. They're constantly putting pieces out. My only issue with this is I'm a strong believer of quality over quantity. That was the best part about crews like Scytsophrenia, IJL, Po'Ethics and Abstani Collective. They didn't put out ten collabs a month. They out out 2-3 and made sure those pieces were top notch quality. Revising verses multiple times before finally releasing the final product. Out of the ten pieces these guys are putting out, I'd sadly say only 2-3 are actually consistent reads. That's the downfall of being overly active. You run out of juice fast or you rush your verses just to pump something out.

#2. If you could Collab with only one person who would it be?

Brandon Cee. We've never done a collab before and we've had three hall of fame worthy battle in SS and SV. I think if we put time and effort into a collab it'd be legends easily. The only issue i see is I'm a storyteller and he's a conscious writer. But if we could mold the two styles together somehow it'd be the best piece rb has seen in years.

#3. Atti or Baron

Atticus hands down. He's one of the guys I really looked up to as a 10-12 year old writer coming into the forum in 2005. The guy constantly puts out hall of fame and legend worthy pieces. I've always found Baron / Camarac to be hot and cold and a little overrated. Plus his attitude effects my judgement a little. Or maybe it effects his writing. Who knows.

#4. If you could re do the top five section, no order how would it go?

That's tough considering my favorite writers aren't active anymore lol. There's a lot of talented writers in the open mic but I struggle to put the in a top five list. Based off memory and preference...

Atti
    Laureate
    Nigma
    Oatmeal
    Myself

#5. Name your favorite piece dropped, and why.

There's two off the top of my head. Engivale did a dope piece about a serial killer in an apartment complex who tried to live like a regular citizen but couldn't get rid of the urge to kill. Another piece was from IJL about the monsters that haunt our nightmares. Felt SmokaJoka and Baron P Mortuus were super creative in that collab.

#6. If you could change something about open mic period what would it be?

Feedback. These guys are always bitching that the forum is dead and they nobody leaves feedback yet they're the same guys who turn around and don't leave feedback. They post pieces, get their two links, then go ghost until they wanna put something else out. If you want the forum to get better, feed more than two fucking pieces a month. Eventually everybody else will catch on and it won't be an issue anymore.

#7. Top 3 in order active or not

My top three of all time has always been:

3. Cry
    2. Chris Black
    1. Englivale

#8. Who would win in a topical battle you or @Samajae

No offense Ntalek but me. While he's been gone, I've been a train running through topical leagues and topical tournaments. 14-4 heavyweight champion, first and only topical lethal lottery winner, finalist and semi finalist, defeating vets like Brandon Cee, Cry, Witness, Tim, Nahlidge, and Dev. I've elevated to be top contender material and a serious threat to where he's coming back rusty and still in 2008 mode.

#9. Leave some advice for some of the new writers such as myself.

Tell stories and stay consistent. Beginning-middle-end. Don't swerve off the topic and don't slack on details. Show, don't tell. Describe the scene, the emotion, the actions, everything. Don't tell us Sarah is overdosing , explain how she feels and what she looks like as she's dying. Create a real rhyme scheme. None of this John Keats/ Edgar Allen Poe shit. Rhyming one word 1-2 times in a line is boring. Rhyme 2-3 words 2-3 times or more in a line WITHOUT forcing it or falling off subject matter. If y'all can get this shit down, you'll be dope. Read solo pieces from myself, @Brandon Cee , Engivale, ThatKidCry or Kayge and you'll understand what I mean.

#10. Speak what you feel to wrap things up

I gotta take a piss and drop off some documents to get this apartment. Waiting for Hot Topic, Zumiez or Pat Militech to call me back about a job and his gym. Keep writing , keep feeding pieces. 8-Mile is a garbage movie. Deuces.

VIII. Newly added competition

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    WRITER OF THE MONTH

Choose a piece to write from the topics below

Post you entry in this thread

Only ONE entry per month

12-20 lines only

any freeposting in here will DQ your piece

thread will stay open until the final week of each month

Winner will be chosen, given an accomplishment, and mentioned in magazine

Topics:

OMG........ Shout to KnowP this should give Open Mic a boost, not only can anyone compete anyone can win. Not to mention it's another accomplish and we know hoes love accomplishments. Who will be named the First EVER writer of the month, find out on the next episode of dragon ball z. Nah on a serious note this should be fun, the pictures are pure dope I can see a lot of folks getting very creative with this. I also see some stupid fucks being DQed for free posting guess we will find out

Last edited by Nicasso; September 6th, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Page saved ?

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Recognition
    Page 8:
    Last edited by Nicasso; September 6th, 2014 at 06:05 AM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

LLL
    Page 9:
    Last edited by Nicasso; September 6th, 2014 at 05:42 AM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Scared Scriptures
    Page: 10.

Season Recap

Season Rankings

Final Regular Season Rankings/Seeding
    1. DEV - 9-1-0, 18 Points.
    Streak: 4 Wins

2. L.E - 6-1-0, 12 Points.
    Streak: 1 Win

3. 143 - 3-5-1, 6 Points.
    Streak: 3 Losses

4. Samajae - 2-0-1, 4 Points.
    Streak: 2 Wins

5. Antihero - 2-1-0, 4 Points.
    Streak: 1 Loss

6. Mic S - 2-3-0, 4 Points.

7. Professor Frost - 2-3-0, 4 Points.
    Streak: 2 Losses

8. Plexus - 1-1-0, 2 Points.

Signed Out

zonez - 3-5-0, 6 Points.

Final Regular Season Advanced Statistics

DEV - 9-1-0, 16 Points.
    Streak: 4 Wins
    Votes For: 20Votes
    Against: 8
    Voting %: 71.1
    Weeks Champion: 4

L.E - 6-1-0, 12 Points.
    Votes For: 12
    Votes Against: 3
    Voting %: 80.0
    Weeks Champion: 2

143 - 3-5-1, 6 Points.
    Streak: 3 Losses
    Votes For: 4
    Votes Against: 16
    Voting %: 20.0
    Weeks Champion: 0

Antihero - 2-1-0, 4 Points.
    Votes For: 7
    Voting %: 70.0

Professor Frost - 2-3-0, 4 Points.
    Streak: 2 Losses
    Votes For: 2
    Votes Against: 5
    Voting %: 28.9

Mic S - 2-3-0, 4 Points.
    Votes For: 2
    Votes Against: 9
    Voting %: 18.8

Samajae - 2-0-1, 4 Points.
    Streak: 2 Wins
    Votes For: 5
    Votes Against: 2
    Voting %: 71.1

Plexus - 1-1-0, 2 Points.
    Votes For: 0
    Voting %: 00.0

Quarterfinal Match-Ups:

DEV Vs. Antihero (Johnny Soul)
    L.E Vs. Mic S
    143 Vs. Professor Frost
    Samajae Vs. Plexus

Niccolos Predictions

@DEV Vs @Johnny Soul - this shit has the makings of a great match up. You have @DEV who pretty much ran completely through the season with ease and who is the current champ, then you have @Johnny Soul who's coming off a impressive win from a all time great @Brandon Cee . I could take the simplistic route here and go with @DEV BUT I'm bias lmao. So I'm going with my fellow Outlaw @Johnny Soul . On a serous unbiased review I honestly feel like JS wants this more than anything at the current moment, I think he is dedicated to writing his best work to date. Now if @DEV comes with the heat times ten compared to what he was dropping during the season it could be a landslide, I respect @DEV writing ability way to much to not say so.....

Winner in a classic @Johnny Soul

@L.E vs @mic s

Both writers are skilled, but just like Dev I watched L.E run through the season with ease, so I'm going with L.E for being the better overall writer.

Winner by 3 votes @L.E

@143 vs @Professor Frost

Will frost show is the question and if he does can he compete with a underdog in my book. 143 my dark horse to win this all him and Johnny Soul. I feel like Frost might bring it to shut the critics up, but 143 will be a level higher.

Winner by 2 votes @143

@Samajae Vs. @Plexus

The rematch! I'm kind of mad these two got matched up again so early mainly cause I would've liked to see them take out a few people. Both are hell of writers, and both gets recognition from me for ALWAYS leaving feed in the OM section plus more. This could honestly go either fucking way. BUT I feel like @Plexus might edge this. I can tell you this for sure the winner will only win by a pubic hair. I'm going with plexus for the simple fact the stuff he been dropping outside of s.s is on point I can see that he is focused, funny thing is @Samajae is to lmao. Wish it could be two winners

Winner by a pubic hair @Plexus

Last edited by Nicasso; September 6th, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Page for sale

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Haiku
    Page 12:

Last edited by Nicasso; September 6th, 2014 at 05:52 AM

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

In case of need

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Poets

Interview with @Johnny Soul

Welcome my fellow Immortal Outlaw

What's good brotha. Glad ya joined the crew. We had a shaky start with me thinking you were Nyce. But you're a talented cat and a cool guy.

Tell us a few things about the poets corner.

The poets corner, formally known as poetic scriptures, is obviously the poetry side of the board. Years of incredible poetry has been posted in there and the atmosphere has always been very laid back. Used to have a decent poetry league too. There's the haiku league that originally was a side forum for haiku pieces in the poetic scriptures forum. Then I turned it into a haiku tourney and eventually somebody turned it into the haiku league. There used to be rhetorical insights. A side section where mods would post a picture once a week ( eventually turned to once a month because people weren't posting in seven days ) and I'm not 100% sure if that's still around lol. Overall it's basically RB's own dead poets society. (Robin Williams reference complete)

How do you feel about the current state of the poetry side of rapbattles?

I'm actually very content with it. I quit doing poetry for about four years. It was in a pretty miserable state with only like four or five writers. It was so bad that they got rid of the league and actually quit doing hall of fame nominations for awhile. But I'm impressed with the growth it's made over the last year. Loads of talented writers, the return of some legends, and a boost in feedback. It's a beautiful resurrection.

If you had to craft a top IN ORDER ever what would it long like?

Atticus
    Laureate
    Mindless
    Onslaught
    Poeta demonio
    Sharp
    Spokenoh
    Soulstice

Now if you had to do the a top 3 active members who would it be?

Memoir
    Emilyinthepool
    Samajae

Who would win @Atti or Legendz

Atticus because the man we never mention was bit every piece he ever posted on like five different accounts.

*more coming at work quick intermission
    Last edited by Nicasso; September 17th, 2014 at 05:30 AM