User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Poetry Elevation

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Poetry Elevation

If you are looking to broaden your poetic abilities, post in here describing exactly what you need help with and we will do our best to assist you in achieving your best.

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins

Re: Poetry Elevation

Delete that^ @ILLunatic and let's see if anyone new responds. I'd be willing to tutor 1 or 2 people at a time
    A few achievements here and there

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

A few questions I would like to know from a respected vet what makes a poem legendary

More emotion or more imagery like what?

I have hall of fame work already I need that legendary hit

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins

eh from my experience you can't write a poem specifically to be legendary. It depends on who reads it and how it connects to them. There's no real qualifications for a poem to be legendary. For example, my poem that's in legends doesn't make my top 10 poems I've written in my personal opinion.
    A few achievements here and there

Banned
    Battle Record
    23-1

Quote Originally Posted by Laureate View Post
    eh from my experience you can't write a poem specifically to be legendary. It depends on who reads it and how it connects to them. There's no real qualifications for a poem to be legendary. For example, my poem that's in legends doesn't make my top 10 poems I've written in my personal opinion.
    So in your opinion when writing what qualities tend to stand out more what as a writer should I incoperate in my works for better responses

Battle Record
    91-11

For me personally i look for imagery and wordplay. I like a piece that makes you think and inspires strong personal emotions. Grammar and spelling is obviously important as well. Everyone is different though and the point is there's no cookie cutter format you can follow

You've Earned a Custom Title!

I wrote this long before joining this site pls tell me what you think. This poem actually was inspired by a Tupac poem "In the Event of demise" mine has no name but would just simply call it "Shadows" if someone were to ask. let me know what u think

The Shadows in the light, the whispers in the wind
    throughout my entire life my hearts been filled with sin. all the smoke that fills my eyes will most likely be my demise, all the coke ive sniffed to my head will be the reason that im dead. Because im beginning to see the visions of what my life will be, if i keep mixing all these pills with Hennessy. People dont understand what it takes to become a man. The Decisions that we make determine all our fates, or they will make us great. So for me is it too late?
    Last edited by BeLoved Warlock; December 2nd, 2014 at 10:33 AM