User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: How To Edit Vocals In Adobe Audition/Cool Edit Pro

Battle Record
    5-1

How To Edit Vocals In Adobe Audition/Cool Edit Pro

Like the title says, this is a video I put together for those of you that use Adobe Audition or Cool Edit Pro(I think this works for CEP). Basically, all you gotta do is follow those steps, maybe tweak a few things hear and there and you should get a good track as your outcome. Hope this video helps you....and the verse I recorded in this is from a song I did but didn't feel put in much effort as you can proly hear in my voice...but watever.

[YOUTUBE]MuxyvbUYUd4[/YOUTUBE]

Screen Shots

Settings(At The Beginning):
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/Settings.jpg

Parametric Equalizer(Save Settings):
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...cEqualizer.jpg

Reverb(Save Settings):
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...ive/Reverb.jpg
    Last edited by Cyrious; August 19th, 2010 at 12:37 AM

You've Earned a Custom Title! fo11's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-14

Re: How To Edit Vocals In Adobe Audition/Cool Edit

It was a way back then that i used Audition. I found it different. things were done way hard there in comparision to other softwares like cubase or else. The tracks didn't have grids in multiformat view. Plus, it was way difficult to put effects such as delay? echo/ reverb, without the grid. I dont hate cool edit and audition, but i dont think they can be counted as a professional software. I had more fuck ups with audition too, lol. I liked the recovery thing in it tho. lol

Anyways, you got nice vocals there.
    Buy Rap Beats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

This is all wrong regardless how you look at it. But your stuff sounds nice though so w.e works for you. This doesn't look like aa3, even in the help menu for aa3 it says mix with FX channels, so you can take off and add on effects, the way your doing it once you put them on you can't take them off if you want to later on which is called destructive mixing. As far as noise reductio goes, you don't need to click it everything, all you need to do is highlight the spot you want reduction to and the little speakers icon will pop up and just turn it down, if your using aa3. But I wouldn't tell people to use your presets ecause that would just be weird. But for a begginner, what can I say, I was the same because most of youtubes tutorials for miving are like this and wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    9-3

just youtube it, its really simple.

Battle Record
    5-1

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    This is all wrong regardless how you look at it. But your stuff sounds nice though so w.e works for you. This doesn't look like aa3, even in the help menu for aa3 it says mix with FX channels, so you can take off and add on effects, the way your doing it once you put them on you can't take them off if you want to later on which is called destructive mixing. As far as noise reductio goes, you don't need to click it everything, all you need to do is highlight the spot you want reduction to and the little speakers icon will pop up and just turn it down, if your using aa3. But I wouldn't tell people to use your presets ecause that would just be weird. But for a begginner, what can I say, I was the same because most of youtubes tutorials for miving are like this and wrong.
    I actually know quite a few people that have used these vocal settings and their tracks sound pretty good, and if you heard my recent tracks, i use the same settings everytime.....thee settings may not work for AA3 but they do work for AA 1.5 and CEP.....AA3 is a whole different setup.
    Twitter Page:

[YOUTUBE]uI0Ebq1OBTI[/YOUTUBE]

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I know your stuff sounds decent quality, but every track your going to have different settings...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrious View Post
    I actually know quite a few people that have used these vocal settings and their tracks sound pretty good, and if you heard my recent tracks, i use the same settings everytime.....thee settings may not work for AA3 but they do work for AA 1.5 and CEP.....AA3 is a whole different setup.
    I guarantee these settings will never sound as good as mixing properly. That's the bottom line.

If you like what you get then that's cool I guess. But I hate when people that should be learning tries to teach. The aspiration and intention is great, but you're really steering people in the wrong direction.

Battle Record
    5-1

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    I guarantee these settings will never sound as good as mixing properly. That's the bottom line.

If you like what you get then that's cool I guess. But I hate when people that should be learning tries to teach. The aspiration and intention is great, but you're really steering people in the wrong direction.
    Don't get me wrong Opie, i do want to learn how to mix and im not tryna steer anyone in the wrong direction, but for someone that jus has a mic and nothin much of a great setup, this was who i did it for....i know it will never sound as good as mixing properly....but not many people have a setup to get that good sound...if u get wat im saying.
    Twitter Page:

[YOUTUBE]uI0Ebq1OBTI[/YOUTUBE]

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

You should make another vid explaning what "plugins" you use, but tell them TO PLAY around with it until it sounds good. Thats what you should doing.

Battle Record
    11-14

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    You should make another vid explaning what "plugins" you use, but tell them TO PLAY around with it until it sounds good. Thats what you should doing.
    thats^ what most people do, lol
    Buy Rap Beats

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrious View Post
    Don't get me wrong Opie, i do want to learn how to mix and im not tryna steer anyone in the wrong direction, but for someone that jus has a mic and nothin much of a great setup, this was who i did it for....i know it will never sound as good as mixing properly....but not many people have a setup to get that good sound...if u get wat im saying.
    All I'm saying is that even a complete beginner should be taught the correct basics instead of developing bad habits early on that have to be relearned later. Knowing how to mix properly has nothing to do with having an expensive studio at your disposal. Proper mixing techniques matter ESPECIALLY when you have shitty gear. Mixing in an expensive studio is easy. Good recordings on pro gear practically mix themselves. That's why there's so many successful bad engineers that spread their terrible methods across the internet.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Even in the aa3 manual is says to go and useeffects in the fx racks. I don't know how peolpe came to figure to mix in the edit mode lol.

Battle Record
    11-14

if you put it in the fx racks then the effects would be applied for the whole track unless you automate it. so to make it for the selective part, its easier for 1 to do it in the edit mode than to automate. thats why ppl(except professionals) been doin it.
    Buy Rap Beats

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

The people I've seen doing that don't even have a clue that you can even apply fx anywhere but edit mode. I don't get it. But I've never used the program.

Battle Record
    11-14

yeah i guess so. I used audition for about 2 months before i had nuendo.You wont believe most of the things are done in a wrong way in audition,lol. applying fx in edit mode is one of them, lol. The program sucks ass.
    Buy Rap Beats