User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 222

Thread: SS Week 7 Chat/Predictions

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Re: SS Week 7 Chat/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SyaNidal View Post
    Baron, any and everyone in this league is writing a form of poetry; so yes, I do know - I was simply stating something and choosing to use poet as derogatory. smh.

And I love how because I'm talking about Storyline pieces being old and repetitive that you automatically bring up a rant; why is it that the majority of this league makes the automatic assumption that since there was no storyline the only other thing to classify a piece as, is a rant? It's not, have you ever read.. a descriptive piece? oh my god.. no way!? or.. an argumentative piece? or.. a comparison piece?

Christ, you guys keep making my point for me; too many heads in this league are one-dimensional.

I bought up a rant because you bought up a rant. And don't go to the "Everyone is writing poetry"...this is SS, not PS....there's a pretty big differance...why rappers are rappers and not poets....way to use a technicality.

I've read/wrote a descriptive piece, a rant piece, an "argumentative" piece...it comes off rediculous when you're trying to make everyone who's against your own biased view as ignorant.

And honestly, instead of attacking everyone accept that everyone else has thier own opinions, there is not a scheme against you nor a universal rulebook on how to vote in SS.

Your one of the worst types of swayers. An Intelligent one.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Battle Record
    3-6

the big debate is in progress lol
    ~WV~

~IP~

Battle Record
    24-7

Baron, I think you took that way more personally than I intended you to. I'm not singling any one person in this league out about anything; I'm also not trying to make everyone bias toward me either. I'm trying to draw the line in peoples heads where they can clearly see that there ARE different types of pieces and you CAN write a better rant than someone else can writ a story.

You know, in hopes not to see the same repetitive shit I've been seeing for the last 2 seasons. I just find it kind of, dull, to see everyone in the league writing a storyline piece every week - it's predictable as hell, it's (in my opinion) the easiest route to take. No one in this league takes any type of risk.

About the poetry remark; yes, you are completely right about this being SS and not PS for a very specific reason. I should have said, every writer in this league has some poetry roots - personally I DO write poetry, so I DO know what you meant. That's what I should have said.

Thank you for calling me intelligent though <3
    ScytsoPhrenia
    CrazyDope

Put down the pebbles in my hand, climbed a ladder, put a brick right through your window.
    "You're gonna hear me out." Yeah, hear me out on this!

Awards SS HOF SS HW Champion SS Season Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member OM HOF

story-types are the easiest way to go imo , but its really about what people are inspired to do in that moment they decide what topic to use. for example when you see a picture of a kid with a monster under his bed .. you think, okay how did the events lead up to that and whats the outcome? its a natural process of thought ya know

self reflective verses are a hit-or-miss because it all depends on who relates to that and really what their mood is while reading it, its unconscious but i think it effects who votes for what.

and if you write a story about yourself -- is that considered a rant, or a self reflective verse? its still a story .. id say almost every kind of topical tells a story in one way or another but its just the format you use .. idk, might be wrong
    I'm here to break my own ball and chain..

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Baron, I think you took that way more personally than I intended you to. I'm not singling any one person in this league out about anything; I'm also not trying to make everyone bias toward me either. I'm trying to draw the line in peoples heads where they can clearly see that there ARE different types of pieces and you CAN write a better rant than someone else can writ a story.

You know, in hopes not to see the same repetitive shit I've been seeing for the last 2 seasons. I just find it kind of, dull, to see everyone in the league writing a storyline piece every week - it's predictable as hell, it's (in my opinion) the easiest route to take. No one in this league takes any type of risk.

About the poetry remark; yes, you are completely right about this being SS and not PS for a very specific reason. I should have said, every writer in this league has some poetry roots - personally I DO write poetry, so I DO know what you meant. That's what I should have said.

Thank you for calling me intelligent though <3
    I understand your point, you're jaded...when I was jaded with the league I took a break....people don't just conform to any standard that fast.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Battle Record
    64-44

shit i love writing stories, thats why i do it.
    whats the point of writing if you cant escape the barriers held over your real life.
    to me the point of writing is all in the creativity, nothing more or less. If i see a story piece thats poorly written and a personal piece dealing with more creativity, it will show. and as for a story piece being the easiest route to take? personally I don't believe that, you can have a piece that is personal to you, that is just an untamed thought going on a rampage... If your writing a Good story, its not just recording how you feel, its building a whole world around your words. and for anticipating a twist at the end of every piece, your overlooking the whole story. I mean there wouldn't even be the chance of a twist without the actions leading up to what happens at the end. and I always take a picture AND a topic to run with just so my stories become so refined not even the concept can be duplicated. so i dont know how i could possibly be predictable lol

Idk i'm just defending what I love to do, hate it or love it
    GreaterDesignGrowers.com

Im not a rapper, im a gardener

Soule

you lost to the way the league favors stories, really.
    and I can talk about it now since the battle is over, yall niggas are such one dimensional fucks it's not even funny. Black came dope, but you all vote on a story over anything else, as if it's a requirement to a topical, fuck outta here.

Actually, I liked Blacketh's storytelling AND flow better. That's why he got my vote.

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

i just want to win a match..

Battle Record
    104-7
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins

i just want to win the season

Soule

I want the TITLE!

Battle Record
    104-7

i think the winner of are match gets contender next week

Soule

Word, good luck bro. I'm not fucking around this week, I want that shit more than anything.

Battle Record
    104-7

i am expecting the best from you

Battle Record
    24-7

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Actually, I liked Blacketh's storytelling AND flow better. That's why he got my vote.
    You're the last person in the league that I care about the way you voted, I just thought I'd put that out there.
    ScytsoPhrenia
    CrazyDope

Put down the pebbles in my hand, climbed a ladder, put a brick right through your window.
    "You're gonna hear me out." Yeah, hear me out on this!

Soule

Then I won't vote on your battles, if you want to be disrespectful and rude about shit.

Anyways, dropped Tim. I like it.