Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 222

Thread: SS Week 7 Chat/Predictions

Battle Record
    4-10

Re: SS Week 7 Chat/Predictions

Huh then why was i given a loss?

Brandon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call a spade a spade will you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scytsophrenia

On that next level.. but STILL fuckin' crazy.

[soundclick]7321513[/soundclick]

You've Earned a Custom Title! Northern Beggar's Avatar

^^ sci you robbed urself of that win. i should've lost based on grammatical errors alone. last time i trust microsoft word lol.

but back to this..
    you lost to the way the league favors stories, really.
    and I can talk about it now since the battle is over, yall niggas are such one dimensional fucks it's not even funny. Black came dope, but you all vote on a story over anything else, as if it's a requirement to a topical, fuck outta here.
    i disagree. let's not forget that week 5 verse of the week was a topical moreso than a story. granted i've only been here for two weeks but it basically follow the same formula as any other league on the net as far as the order of importance goes(in term of voting):

1. flow/rhymescheme (first thing you'll here from anybody's mouth is flow lol. if your flow is better than the other guy, you're already 70% sure to win lol)
    2. imagery
    3. concept and idea/creativity
    Last edited by Northern Beggar; February 11th, 2010 at 09:39 AM
    [youtube]DmSREFKsZ7Y[/youtube]

Battle Record
    24-7

Quote Originally Posted by SMZ View Post
    wordems... was coo with me WW, i guess you didn't have enough time to notice my response in the chat thread

an yeah Sya, I can't speak for everyone else, but i think you already got that my suggestion wasn't to switch your style so much as to blur the lines on the set of eyes you use that style from... i think it would be interesting for both the readers and you
    You mean, write from another perspective other than the first person? If that is what you meant, I do pretty often - I just haven't in any battle yet this season because I felt the approach I was taking was a better one.

You weren't the only person to tell me to switch up the way I write a little bit, some others, not even posts on here but AIM conversations todl me if I don't start writing stories; there is no way I will win.

And I agreed with that person, but I also stated that, it's pathetic that the league has come to the point where you can't win unless you write children's books or novels.
    ScytsoPhrenia
    CrazyDope

Put down the pebbles in my hand, climbed a ladder, put a brick right through your window.
    "You're gonna hear me out." Yeah, hear me out on this!

Awards SS HOF SS HW Champion SS Season Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member OM HOF

umm last week was the only time i wrote anything like that. stop whining like a menstruating bitch who didnt get her pop tart this morning.

i write what i want - it doesnt have anything to do with what i think people like to see or vote for. you've been here for 7 years and your bitching about people not liking what you drop in SS? cuz its 'for yourself' or w/e .. smh

if you really write 'for yourself' then why do you care so much. moreover why do you care so much that i BARELY beat noodle by ONE vote?
    I'm here to break my own ball and chain..

Battle Record
    24-7

Black, it has nothing to do with YOU or what YOU wrote, so please, don't even begin with personal attacks. I said, that even after stating how repetitive it gets to read storyline shit here, you still dropped dope; and I'm the one 'whining like a menstruating bitch?'

Really?

Being on this site for 7 years has nothing to do with anything, and I never said I cared if people liked the shit I drop in this league, I was simply stating that this league is biased toward a certain type of piece, and it just so happens that is the type of piece you wrote last week.

I don't care who won that battle, or by how many votes - I actually expected Noodle to not get any votes after my vote, because that's just how this league is; it's completely biased.

I've never read anything of yours until last week, I never said that you write the same type of piece every week; I said that the majority of this league writes and favors something with a storyline to anything else.
    ScytsoPhrenia
    CrazyDope

Put down the pebbles in my hand, climbed a ladder, put a brick right through your window.

Battle Record
    24-7

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Beggar View Post
    ^^ sci you robbed urself of that win. i should've lost based on grammatical errors alone. last time i trust microsoft word lol.

but back to this..

i disagree. let's not forget that week 5 verse of the week was a topical moreso than a story. granted i've only been here for two weeks but it basically follow the same formula as any other league on the net as far as the order of importance goes(in term of voting):

1. flow/rhymescheme (first thing you'll here from anybody's mouth is flow lol. if your flow is better than the other guy, you're already 70% sure to win lol)
    2. imagery
    3. concept and idea/creativity
    See, this is RB, and this is the SS league; like I was just saying in my previous post - there's favoritism and complete bias here. The way you ordered those isn't wrong, but if you write in that order - you'll lose here.

Imagery seems to be a favorite here, then concept, flow is the least of these poets worries.
    ScytsoPhrenia
    CrazyDope

Battle Record
    4-10

^^^ I posted the collabo just about an hour ago in OM. Good work Syanidal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scytsophrenia

On that next level.. but STILL fuckin' crazy.

[soundclick]7321513[/soundclick]

Awards SS HOF SS HW Champion SS Season Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member OM HOF

aight man my fault .. you right .. hug it out bitch

lol nah but you said something about childrens stories that i thought was directed at me .. but if it wasnt w/e, my bad.

anyway

Contendor: Cry (4-2) vs. Soulstice (3-1) .. tough one. dope match.
    Tim (5-1) vs. KING (3-2) .. just cuz i think hes determined this week. i might be wrong.
    Brandon Cee (0-0) vs. White-Winter (3-1) .. bout time you signed up ho
    Bobericc (4-2) vs. Tactixx (2-2)
    SyaNidal (4-2) vs. Quality (2-1)
    Baron P (3-3) vs. Tr3aZoN (3-3) .. another tough call, i enjoy both
    Ink Edible (2-2) vs. Phazed (2-3)
    Wordz AhGod (2-4) vs. The Axeman (1-0)
    Scientific (2-4) vs. Grimreapa (1-0) .. not sure
    YDK (1-3) vs. Archetype (0-0) .. same
    Rivalyn (0-0) vs. Erun (0-1)
    I'm here to break my own ball and chain..

Battle Record
    24-7

The children's stories thing was not directed at you at all, lmao; I have this conversation with Cee on AIM pretty often. I just like to ridicule the whole biasness and favoritism toward story-based pieces by calling them children's stories.

Side note; I rofled at hug it out bitch - you watch Entourage, I'm assuming.
    or that was random, but either way, lolz.
    ScytsoPhrenia
    CrazyDope

You've Earned a Custom Title! Phazed*'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-2

Quote Originally Posted by SyaNidal View Post
    Imagery seems to be a favorite here, then concept, flow is the least of these poets worries.
    Very true... but then again, it's text not audio. So it doesn't really need to be AS important as it should be.
    --->
    <---
    --->

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

lol at trying to use the word poet as derogatory.....Imagery isn't the be all end all in poetry, if you were a poet you'd know...and your not, so you don't.

Flow is always appreciated, just look at Engivales success in SS for that.

I agreed with you like a season or so ago but the fact you'r still harping on about this issue is ridiculous. A well structured piece usually involves a reader more...and a rant, in it's most basic or complex form cannot be well structured as it would no longer be a rant...therefore, it can only involve a niche audience...only certain people can grasp let alone relate to rants....so by doing a rant piece a writer is taking an all-in risk.....you either fail or dominate...if you write rants be ready to lose really. It's simple.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

i'm so happy i'm being predicted to win... lol...

You've Earned a Custom Title! Northern Beggar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SyaNidal View Post
    like I was just saying in my previous post - there's favoritism and complete bias here.
    i'm interested in knowing how you came to this conclusion. surely it wasn't based on the results of last week's battles...seeing that the majority of the winning verses were..."topicals"
    [youtube]DmSREFKsZ7Y[/youtube]

Battle Record
    24-7

Baron, any and everyone in this league is writing a form of poetry; so yes, I do know - I was simply stating something and choosing to use poet as derogatory. smh.

And I love how because I'm talking about Storyline pieces being old and repetitive that you automatically bring up a rant; why is it that the majority of this league makes the automatic assumption that since there was no storyline the only other thing to classify a piece as, is a rant? It's not, have you ever read.. a descriptive piece? oh my god.. no way!? or.. an argumentative piece? or.. a comparison piece?

Christ, you guys keep making my point for me; too many heads in this league are one-dimensional.
    ScytsoPhrenia
    CrazyDope

Battle Record
    8-3

Champ: Blacketh (6-0) vs. SMZ (5-1) black came off a great week
    Tim (5-1) vs. KING (3-2)
    Brandon Cee (0-0) vs. White-Winter (3-1)
    Bobericc (4-2) vs. Tactixx (2-2)
    SyaNidal (4-2) vs. Quality (2-1) ..hmm depends if sand drops on time lol and comes complete.. hes been noshowed or has noshowed for all 3 matches i believe.. but close one.. ill go with q
    Baron P (3-3) vs. Tr3aZoN (3-3)
    Ink Edible (2-2) vs. Phazed (2-3) close one
    Wordz AhGod (2-4) vs. The Axeman (1-0)
    Scientific (2-4) vs. Grimreapa (1-0)
    YDK (1-3) vs. Archetype (0-0)
    Rivalyn (0-0) vs. Erun (0-1) luyck to both