9. Interview With Daz
    10. Outro
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Re: Round 2 Magazine

Intro

Nice week for round one. Outside one no-show, everyone posted. A couple were late and I hope we can avoid it from here on out. Everything went by the script, except in the Tim vs. Cry match where Tim upset Cry with a really dope verse. Who else will get upset? Voting was nice and you should all give yourselves a pat on the back. .Then give me a handjob.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Round One Reviews

Ders vs. Engivale
    Ders was the only no-show. He’s a homo. He will never again be in SS, as long as I run it. Eng’s verse was cool. The rhyming seemed forced at points, but it was about Obama’s road to the White House and quitting after he won. Decent shit.

White-Winter vs. Mariah
    White winter’s verse seemed to be about nothing in particular. It was too out-there to grasp really. It looked short but reading it, it seemed to go on forever. His main focus was rhyme scheme. He used the word “thee.” When you use a word like that, which no one has used in over a century, you’re probably trying too hard. Mariah’s verse seemed to look similar to White Winter’s at first, with it being about nothing tangible and sacrificing content for rhyme. Then at the end, it turned into something about her not being expected to win in SS because she was a girl She called me an asshole at the end. That was the meat of her verse. If the whole verse was more like the last few lines, I’d have liked it a lot more, even if she was dissing me. It just seemed like the first dozen lines were filler. This battle was sub-par and Mariah took it.

Bobericc vs. Brandon Cee
    Boberic dropped another one of those verses that seemed to sacrifice to rhyme. The way words were put together was in a way that you’d never hear someone say out-loud and some would be grammatically incorrect anyway. By the end, I had no clue what he was talking about - hacking his SS opponent or just some random guy? Brandon’s piece was okay. I thought it was a bit too cryptic. If I have a problem with someone and write a verse about it, it’s very clear and this seemed more hazy like he didn’t/couldn’t hammer his point home. I didn’t like how some of his lines would have the rhyme in the middle of the sentence, but he’d press enter, so the ryme would be at the end of the line. It screwed up the rhythm. Okay-ish verse.

Uben Sonned vs. BTK
    BTK dropped a rilly vivid, imagery-laced piece. I was a little confused at first but the last stanza cleared everything up. I knew he’d pick this topic but I thought he’d go comical with it. Nice verse from the old man. I’ve never had a problem with Uben’s style like some people did, but this week, I had a problem. When he does short lines and the rhymes lack a little, you don’t notice because he has good rhythm. With this one, the lines were long and both the rhythm and the rhyme scheme were off. This is definitely my least favorite Uben piece. Shame he dropped it in the playoffs vs. BTK.

Tim vs. Cry.
    This match was really dope. Both verses had dope imagery. Cry wrote about a murder-an overkill, using the dynamite/ant topic. Tim used the courage/intelligence topic and really wrote a surprising piece. It’s a real shame these two came up against one-another in this round because they both have what it takes to win. Tim surprised me, and I’m guessing he surprised Cry too. This is the best match of the week.

P. Mortuus vs. Daz
    I liked P’s flow in this one. It’s about a guy in prison. I read the first verse several times and I’m not completely sure I got it. I think the guy is in prison raping people, or raping people is what got him in jail - I’m not completely sure. He ends up getting an STD but finds out it’s not from the rapes. It was an aight verse. Daz’s verse was on the over-reaction topic. His verses have a clarity about them. You could tell exactly what he was saying. I think that’s why I normally like verses from him and Uben. I thought the outcome was a bit crazy, but it did fit the topic and he won out.

B.A. Baracus vs. Burden
    I have to say this is the only battle where I disagreed with the outcome. Burden dropped a decent piece. I didn’t really get it until the end where he’s saying the elitist guys who try new shit should be praised and fuck the standards set. At least that’s what I got out of it. BA’s piece was dope to me. It was about a friend’s father who was a hero to him and his friends dying of cancer. I really liked it. Especially the last stanza.

SmokaJoka vs. Syanidal
    This was a nice battle. Syanidal wrote about contemplating abortion and choosing to keep the kid. It was a cool read. I thought it was a bit preachy and on an issue like abortion, that may not always get the votes, no matter what side you’re on. Smaka’s was about a guy killing his wife and her spirit killing him. It was dope. The imagery was ill and it was an easier piece to get into.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Purple Haze

Maybe it’s just me and I’m completely out of touch, but most of the verses I read, I need to read more than once and still don’t get them. They’re written in this cryptic language that in most cases means nothing, or at least that’s how it feels. I think the clarity in the verses written by guys like BTK are the reason they rule. They paint a straight-forward picture that you get 100%. Maybe that’s not it, because other writers who write the clear verses like Daz and Uben, two of my favorites, suffer in SS, while some riddle-writers do much better. I think I’ll accept that I don’t get it. I’m completely lost. Good thing I don't vote anymore, huh?
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Battle of the Week
    (Cry vs Tim)

An Ant in a Mole Hill
    By: Cry

"Sometimes to prove a point,
    you need to kill an ant with a stick of dynamite."

Dark shuts down the light, the street is dry...
    and I'm after a guy that needs to die,
    one conceived by lies, he's a writhing tooth,
    but these streets need to see I'm the truth,
    I'm fixed on finding who, or where he is,
    it's all on what kind of gun I carry in -
    if I want to burry him... he's sophistocated,
    I can't be like "there he is!"
    and swing for anything my fist embraces...
    I'm quick to hate him - but reasonablly,
    his extermination is seamless to me,
    he has no reason to be,
    so I stay singin'... 'tis the season to bleed',
    it's my moment for deletin' the freaks!!
    so leaders talkin' crime aren't just speakin' to speak,
    to be serving those who cross the law...
    treatin' the creeps...
    instead of just tellin' 'em to "knock it off"
    'till there's no more street to chalk upon...
    they're a mock of Gods, and a lack of man,
    because no God needs a back up plan,
    and my acts are fast... I'm closing in,
    packing too much anger to focus with,
    I need to know where his throne is hid,
    time's growing thin, I need something to feel first,
    so I question each druggie and dealer...
    struggling to peel dirt from all their eyes,
    pack 'em up after, give 'em all fair trys...
    and if they dare lie - or fail to be wrong,
    they're guarunteed jail by default,
    - or where an I.V. falls...

Then, finally... a call.
    but the phone makes time seem to stall,
    and now my heart skips... shock spilling,
    got moving to what has to be the wrong building,
    and possibly, GOD WILLING -
    to the family I hope he's not killing...
    breaking the hinges right off the door,
    first thing I see's my wife on the floor,
    and I lose my fight to mourn... can't find half of me,
    my heart so heavy... it defy's gravity,
    even I laugh at me, I'm too spent to go on,
    but I look up to see my kid's head get blown off,
    don't even get a "so long!"
    starin' down the culprits I just fuckin' witnessed,
    as my body practically sucks the clips in...
    fucked to begin with, my death's more power,
    planned out like I'd been dead for hours,
    everything shrank... my mind defining regret,
    reaching out to the last thing I'm dying to get,
    her undying respect...
    which to reach now, would take miles by hand,
    like trying to reach soil that's piled by grass...
    but I want to accept the real while I can,
    -at least while I still feel like an ant.

peace...
    good luck Tim.

----------

'Unraveled'
    (a musical)

By: Tim

prologue:

our story told, the cold town born near the forest
    restored it's heart through the love that had flourished
    wore it's roots on it's sleeve's, 'till the teary-eyed falling leaves,
    fell upon the coming dawn, from the song one man conceived

..the story unfolds..

with the folding back of covers, the true conviction of a lover
    the uncovering of his heart, which, in this case, built unstable
    unable to see this, life's obviousness remains his wish
    the true repercussion of a kiss, the ever-inability to resist
    what? so, he wants something to miss, but like a stench, it lingers
    too busy dreaming of a neverland, and the sight of rings on fingers
    after being fully awake, his past time gave to rising
    dusting the morning's dust out his eyes, never came surprising
    i suppose it was never realizing this that finally turned him on,
    when he forgot the cold outside, and settled down for song
    once upon a time, nearly noon, our brideless groom,
    sat and spent his worth, calling upon that which he knew
    devoted to the cause, he hardly knew a pause,
    strictly stuck on it, only knowing it's withdraws
    and so he wrote,
    "Love and us will never grow, My love, Who's face i'll never know."
    it's sad, as he went and wrote, i think i saw him crying
    his inspiration only climbing
    wiping the dusk's tears out his eyes, never came surprising
    i suppose it was realizing this that finally turned him out
    his blind knowledge to the facts; the inhibition of his doubt
    i was suprised at how expressionless he took to blade
    the accompaniment rose, joining the agony with the bass
    a violin solo composed the climax, deepening it with haste
    and then a lonely trumpet spoke, declaring his life a waste
    the only medic in town rushed as soon the word was spread
    arriving there, she went to him, and tried to lift his head
    their first, and only, gaze was enough that they should know,
    stars cross'd, they stared down at the knife in his throat
    a tear was the first word spoke, he wiped it from her cheek
    their breaking hearts kissed, whilst tears still tried to speak
    she knew his eyes asked forgiveness, she held love that instant
    i moved and let death by, found little reason in resistance
    their treason wept across his face, he finally found defining grace
    knowledge is power, but being blind to it brought his angst
    what rolled down her face was a taste of what was to come
    the blindness of truth and the true love that had sprung

Courage is knowing you’ll lose and still fighting. Intelligence is knowing you’ll lose and avoiding the fight until you can win.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Bracketology

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...D/Bracket2.png

So far, the bracket looks like I thought, except for Tim still being in. With that happening and, I believe, him dropping the illest verse last round, I can see him winning out his bracket. After the verses Eng and BTK dropped, I see BTK taking his bracket. Daz is always a thread up there, but those are the true contenders. No one else has a legit chance. You think otherwise? Win!
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Interview with Mariah

Chris Black: Alright. Fist question: Will you win SS?

Mariah: The obvious answer is yes. But do I feel as though others have a chance? Yes as well.

Chris Black: So you don't think you'll win?

Mariah: I do think I will win.

Mariah: That's up to me.

Chris Black: Okay. That was a weak yes though. I was actually interviewed and told that I seem to have something against you or treat you unfair. Do I, and how so?

Mariah: I just recently answered this in the OM mag, but no you do not. You had said in the first week of playoffs blog/mag/whatever that I was ranked too high and that my verses were horrible. I called you out on that only. I give you my respect for the honesty, but the so called "top tier" that you speak of says I do well, yet you disagree with those same people who you say know what they're talking about.

Chris Black: So, say I do treat you unfairly. Your answers seem wishy-washy. If you really feel something, say it. Fuck hurt feelings. Don't worry about it. "Yes, I'm going to crush SS." "Yes, Chris, you're an asshole." Have some passion. Quit being a politician.

Mariah: I wrote a piece deciated to you last week and called you an asshole...it was on this subject. That's all that needed to be said - my way of approaching conversation is much different from yours.

Chris Black: Alright. I can accept that. A member of IJL told me, a couple weeks ago, that you were being "clit-rode," and your verses weren't that good. What do you think of that?

Mariah: Depends on who the person is. Regardless though, if they think that let them. Not like it's my fault. I don't PM for votes...they vote how they want. Engivale and BTK are the only two that vote for me on a really consistent basis anyhow...so if they are clit riding...that top tier looks hella suspect, not the "IJL bias"

Chris Black: I hear you.

Chris Black: I don't have too much questions outside of that. I honestly just wanted to talk to you about how other people or you veiwed how I treat you since it's come to my attention. I honestly think you're cool and I just read the OM Mag thread and Cry is right. I honestly think you're a decent writer and when you drop something I think you could have out-done, it irritates me and maybe there is a bigger magnifying glass on you because of my expectation, but I truely mean no harm.

Mariah: Well, that's all fair then. I don't have any problems with you as I had said in that thread. You're a seemingly nice guy and a good writer, I can't disrespect the ability that you have...all I mentioned really in that post is that I feel like when I drop like you will see in the playoffs from here on out...I am much more than a decent writer. Anyhow, thanks for trying to clear things up with me instead of hearing it from these assholes that don't know my response. Congrats on the smod-ship by the way. And uh, yeah...anything else?

Chris Black:
    Nah. Anything you want to say to SS, or in general?

Mariah: Well, good luck to everybody. Burden, I'm going to ruin your face. Thanks for the interview, CB and uh...the top 8 is fire.

Chris Black: Thank you for your time.

Mariah: You're welcome...anytime

----------

Awwwwww! I think we had a touching moment there at the end. No-pedo. :^)
    Last edited by Chris Black; September 2nd, 2008 at 06:26 PM
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Predictions

Engivale vs. Brandon Cee
    I see Engivale taking this. Brandon seems rusty and even at full strength, Eng would be hard for him to take down. For Brandon to have a shot, I think he’ll have to go simple and with a verse you only have to read once and can clearly get the picture.

Daz vs. Born to Kill

This is tough. This may be the best battle of the round. I think it’s practically a coin toss. Both of them write some of the clearest and easy-to-read verses in SS. I think it will be a dead heat and will come down to the voters’ taste. In that case, BTK has the advantage and will take this match.

Tim vs. Smoka Joka.
    If Born vs. Daz doesn’t get match of the week, this will. Both of them dropped ill last week, although I enjoyed Tim’s verse. I saw no rust and I think Tim takes this. I think Tim’s best is better than Smoka’s best and that’s what my decision come down too. Plus, Smoka seems pissed and like he doesn’t even want to be involved in SS anymore.

Mariah vs. Burden
    I predict that both of them will write cryptic pieces and force me to read them several times in search of some profoundness, but Mariah taking it. Burden seemed really rusty and I thought he lost to B.A. I just don’t think he can pull this one off.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Interview with Daz

Chris Black: So, the first question I want to ask you is, will you win SS?

Daz: i have the skill to win it. it depends on the voters. after born's vote on this battle i'm not sure. but it's possible.

Chris Black: I predicted in this mag that it would be a coin toss and come down to voters' taste, making BTK the favorite.

Chris Black: So you agree with that statement?

Daz: yeah. it's really what the voters are feeling. i don't think it's as serious as engivale, saying people are voting away the comp, just that people's taste right now favor certain shit, and that's understandable.

Chris Black: In the "Topics" thread, you seemed a little hostile towards Mariah. Is there a backstory?

Daz: i aint hostile. mariah thinks i don't like here which isn't true. i think her vote was bullshit but thats neither her enor there. she's cool with me. i just like
    fucking with people

Chris Black: Word. A couple weeks ago, you seemed upset and wanted to air out some greivences. You still feel the same way

Chris Black: If so, what was the problem(s)?

Daz: yes. the league recently was in the worst state i've ever seen it. to much cockriding, story writing, boring plot twists.

Daz: waaaay to much of it. i understand phases but come on, be original.

Chris Black: Any people you want to name in particular(we want beef!)?

Daz: yes. smoka switched his stlye and it doesnt compliment him. burden was the father of the faggotry. p. mortuus needs to change that fucking stlye.

Daz: boberric needs to get over it and just write.

Daz: and that wack ass fucking hit N run crew needs to call it quits.

Daz: seriously.

Chris Black: Lmao.

Chris Black: Back on Smoka. I thought Smoka changed a bit too. He seems to currently be at a place both of us were/are at with voters.

Chris Black: Do you think his gripes are legit?

Daz: he has a point, but once he mocked borns style, he lost what made smoka's peices smoka's peices and not just borns. so yeah he can gripe, but he does the same shit kinda.

Chris Black: What do you think needs to happen for it to be accaptable to write in any stle in SS and still be able to compete?

Chris Black: Or do you think we're already there?

Daz: someone as unorthodox and site changing as penskilles needs to come along and not turn out to be a biter. or people need to be men and just express themselves how they see fit. people spend to much time conforming to get accolades. look at me. i donzt have many accolades on this site and i been here since '03.

Daz: not because i'm not dope enough, but because i write what i feel

Daz: and i'm one of the most respected writers on this site.

Chris Black: True. On another subject, wtf is up with AI?

Daz: lmfao. niggaz just inactive. we have to many dope ass people with lives i guess. we'll get it together.

Chris Black: Well, I want to let you know that when I burn them to the ground, You and Nah can shar a bunk bed in the HF house. B. Heat can put his Avalon Jersy back on too.

ChrisBlack: Any last things you want to say to SS?

Daz: yup chris black & daz are dope as fuck. these playoffs will rock. good luck to everyone. AI forever. expression is everything. EZ
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Outro

There you have it. The mag people have been upset at me about not writing. We have beef, predictions, reviews and. . . A BRACKET!!! On top of that, Mariah said she'll beat all you bastards and Daz said Burden was the father of faggotry and Smoka was biting styles. You fuckers better be happy, but don't get spoiled by this mag. Lol.

Shout-oyt to the interviewees and to P. Mortuus for doing the OM mag and inspiring me to try a little more with the SS mag.

Hawlla!
    Last edited by Chris Black; September 2nd, 2008 at 06:35 PM
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

I doubt my style needs changing, in recent pieces I've had a mix of style in just one piece...what I need to do is find a balance between content and clarity, what makes sense to me is often nonsense to readers. Other than that, good mag....Mariah and CB interview seemed tensed. And congrats to all writers still in as well.

Battle Record
    212-103
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF 200+ Wins

This was nice...

Good effort...funny shit...a bit on the controversial side.

Yay, Chris!

Battle Record
    15-0

Good mag Chris

...Daz, I love you.

no jailbait
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    20-6

lol, i tried to make it controversial. BTK, your going to have to lose. [/controversy]
    Always Impervious an Axis Power.

Supermod Me.

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

^^^lol.

Nice job, Chris. I was hoping my empty threats would set you into action, this is honestly much quicker than I had expected. Good work, my only gripe is the interviews seemed a bit short, but you did two of them, so that makes up for it.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."