Showing results 1 to 15 of 286

Thread: SS07 Week 5 Magazine

Battle Record
    104-7
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins

SS07 Week 5 Magazine

Sacred Scriptures `07
    Week 5 Magazine

Another week has gone by and a lot of stuff went down. We lost 4 great writers hopefully they will retun. Also had to dq someone due to the line limit so please just try your best to remember that. We had three battles that went down to the final vote. All around great week.

I have broughten Back the Interview and this week i am proud to have Above the New FL Topical Mod

Things are shapping to be great

I have been getting asked are there still going to be tournys and i answer you yes after every 12 weeks we will have a small tourny so make sure you stay in to get a good seed.

Battle Record
    104-7

Re: SS07 Week 5 Magazine

The Rankings Setup

First, to be ranked, you must have a minimum of five matches. So anyone 4-0, 2-2, 0-4, what have you, is not technically ranked. You are ranked after your fifth match is completed, and are ranked by number according to your win percentage. Even win percentages can be tie-broken by win streak - whoever has won the most matches in a row will be ranked higher than a person with the same record. Should two people have the same win streak, a Head to head matchup history will be used. If none exists, or that is also tied, they are seeded alphabetically finally. (It's complex, I know, but covers everything fairly.)

On another note, if you lose the championship match as either champion or contender yet retain the 2nd highest win percentage or win tiebreakers to gain the competitor spot again, you still cannot face the champion until winning another match first. Should this occur, the Champion and Number 1 seed would face the Number 3 seed, and Number 2 would face Number 4 to account for this happening.

Matches are played as follows - 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, and on to the last two ranked players. Should there be an odd number of ranked players, the last-placed ranked competitor will play a player from the unranked field. Unranked players face eachother until they are ranked and are paired randomly, and then are compiled into the rankings according to their win percentage after 5 matches.

Should they have a 100% win percentage, they still cannot face the champion in their first ranked match, and again, the 1 seed would face the 3 seed and the 2 seed would face the four seed, so as not to reward someone who has yet to face a ranked competitor with such a quick ascension without proving themselves. Should they win that match, obviously they would still be the 2nd ranked person and would then have their shot at the number 1 rank.

The Number One rank is earned and kept despite any disparity of win percentage. The number one ranked person must be beaten by the second ranked competitor to be displaced as "Champion".

Battle Record
    104-7

Rules and Info

1. We will be on a set Schedule battles up Monday Verses Due Friday 11:59 Pacific Time. I will be enforcing this rule If this does not work for the members of SS please inform me and here and we will work something out

2. A maximum 24 hour extension may be granted per the opponents approval (note this might not leave time for many votes to be given so beware)

3.No-Shows will not be tolerated you will have to sign back into the league for the next week plus have 1 loss added to your record.Unless Pmed by me stating why you couldnt show up

4. I am aware that some battles did not get voted on this week so 3 links must be edited into your checkin thread or i will deduct 1 vote per non-link i am very Serious about this now. if you lose it is your own fault.

5.The Ranking System Will Work a little differently next week. You must have 5 topical battles before you are ranked and we will go off of your winning percentage after you complete those 5 battles

6.I dont think its fair that the silver script champion never gets a shot at the golden script championship if they keep successfully defending their title, so now there will be no silver script championship we only need one Champion.

7.I put the sign up and sign out threads in the office. Please sign out there i saw alot of people signing out this week but have no clue to how many people actually signed out as to they were scatterd so if i missed you sorry please just sign out there.

8. Line Limit This has become a hot topic, especially after seeing the novel Truth wrote this past week. Honestly, I don’t think it needs to be said but anything over 100 lines is WAY too much, let alone something over 200. Anyway, with this being said I am going back to enforcing a 60-line limit. 60 lines should be more than enough to say what you want, if not, tough luck – post your verse in Open Mic, not here.

Battle Record
    104-7

Above The Rest

Born To Kill
    City Of Angels

I’m bloated, so obsessed with makin money to pay for sex...
    Devoted, some would guess, to buyin honeys when depressed.
    So impressed, I get stressed...with their form, their silhouette...
    But blessed cuz I’m addressed where there’s no reform or regret.

Deep in desert heat, I can’t sleep while peaked in sheets...
    Counting sheep’s easily beat by a woman’s physique on me.
    All this currency’ll murder me...see, I pay extra to not wrap it...
    It’s like an urgency to see emergency...rooms after I tap it.
    It’s the closeness I crave, s’deep like oceans, I’m enslaved...
    Can’t focus or be brave...I’m just hopelessly depraved.
    Be alone...no way! So I’m on the phone most every day...
    Selling stock benefits my cock...so I can bone my life away.
    I’m fat with toupees so I can’t attract with bouquets, I bust...
    In fact, some would say, women react to my weight with disgust.
    Yet, robust as I am, I still thrust like a damn nympho...
    It’s a must I’m condemned to share lust with them...
    ....................................In this city most sinful.
    It’s simple...I’d be hurtin; no spurtin...my gut’ll breach shit...
    There’s no workin with jerkin...if you can’t fuckin reach it.
    I’m defeatist...won’t be meeting the one that’s just for me...
    Not elitist, just always eating has me shunned and paying fees.
    S’cheese...the two extra helpings on a triple meat burger...
    Make my lungs wheeze...has me yelping like tryin to cheat murder.
    I bend girders...just by sittin, s’why I’m spittin this rhyme...
    It takes a lot to handle cock...it takes you an hour to find.
    Gotta have muscle to hustle, hoist my belly above my groin...
    Hold it there while in despair, wondering if it’s worth the coin.
    Yet they always come through; though raise rates for this fool...
    But let use my tool to screw and spew till they gotta shampoo.
    Yet, I don’t look down, I look up...to the women of my town, raise cups...
    Toasts all around, my fucks...for taking profound pounds from this schmuck.
    Down on your luck...abused or addicted or addicted to abuse...
    So much pain’s been inflicted, it’s predicted you’ll be used.
    Pathetic, belittled bad...the scent of cigarettes ain’t a faint smell.
    Always sympathetic, a little sad...and filled with regret; my angels.

Law deceased...no mess, no jail; Nevada’s a feast of flesh for whales...
    Who roll in dough, bestowed in ho’s...and who literally tip the scales.
    Vegas, Baby!

Battle Record
    104-7

Week In Review

Golden Script Championship: (C)Engivale Vs. Born to Kill
    This was by far the battle of the week in my eyes both of these guys coming ready to win which I loved so much BTK came with a lonely fat man that couldn’t get sex but made it a semi twist because in Vegas all if fair game and Engivale had a very thought out piece about 3 eras in life the piece came out excellent with great word choices and metaphors but the people seemed to like BTK verse more as it was more entertaining.

Contenders: Maven Vs. Baron P. Mortuus
    This was an upset battle in my eyes I thought Maven was going to totally walk all over Baron But he pulled it off as Maven really didn’t come 100% due to time constraints but Baron Still pulled off a beautiful verse the flowed with originality Maven had a more polished verse but I think was over come by the originality

Nahlidge Vs. Tim
    Nah No-showed

Crost Over Vs. The Witness
    There was some confusion with The Witness verse this week some people took his verse a little to literal and got lost in his metaphorical atmosphere I do agree though that his piece as a whole really didn’t resolve itself and I think that might have been the down fall of his piece this week as Crost continues to be riding dope with another amazing verse people should take those dude seriously now.

lw Truth lw Vs. Johnny 6-Feet
    lw Truth lw no-showed this week and Johnny still wrote in above average verse that I still felt that thruth couldn’t beat because it was good the whole content and rhyme scheme was on point wish more people could have left him feed as it really was a great piece check it out in OM

Mariah Vs. abbadon
    This was also a nail biter battle this week abbadon took a very broad and abstract take on his piece this week jumping from topic to topic which was cool but it never came to a conclusion it just kept going. Mariah came with a more developed story with great detail pointing out human tendencies in a very good read but the readers felt that abbadon got it with his outstanding flow and gets the win

twixn Vs. Ntalek
    Ntalek No-showed

Jonathon Vs.. U.G. Gold
    UG Gold went over the line limit and got Dqued this week but people still gave time to give an opinion about his verse which I am glad to see. It was a okay story that could have been rapped up sooner then it did. I liked to some extant but got dulled up in the middle. Jonathon came good this week with and interesting piece that one the people over by being less boring and more interesting

Heychoo Vs. Robb.
    Robb No-showed this week sorry I didn’t get him out in time Heychoo but glad to see you still wrote a verse it was a rant for the most part I think he was trying something new it worked for the most part I just wished it made a little more sense

Jynx Vs. Chris Black
    Chris Black made his return this week against Jynx and I am sorry to say got murdered by Chris Blacks original piece. Jynx downfall was his poor vocab and putting words in the correct place as Chris did all that and then some great content and flow aswell

HighEngineChief Vs. Rival
    High should off his experience this week with an overall good verse with good vocabulary and content that flowed also used many descriptive words which could be a problem and drug the verse down Rival came decent but with a very bad ending which left the reader wanting a lot more then they got

GrimReapa Vs. FórmÅl LôGíc
    You give GrimReapa another chance and he fucks it up again for the last time dude will never be an SS as long as I am running the show who is this FórmÅl LôGíc guy?? I don’t know but he can write for damn sure so watch out for him if you haven’t read his verse peep it now because he had a sick line that I loved.

“He hated me, so blatantly, with this unsuppressed passion;
    I'd play hide & hope, no seek, when he'd 'swing' into action.”

Tebo Vs. Massacre.
    Mass came with an original piece this week which also lacked in an overall direction of the piece very noticeable and could be known at the start which I didn’t like to much because it took out an surprise. Put he did stay focused through out so props for that but got out shined by tebo which grabbed my attention more and had the better read

TayTay Vs. The Artist.
    The Artist. Bitched out this week protesting the K.Brown thing wish he could just get over it and just write a piece for gods sake but didn’t. Tay came with a very descriptive narrative piece which got slept on appreciate the time you put in your piece for a no show drop it in OM and ill leave you feed

bobericc_lyrics Vs. Lordy Quas
    Lordy took this battle by a mile but bob felt the need to complain about it I don’t know why because he did get out written this week by a very mint verse in my eyes bob and spelling problems and shortened words that didn’t fly well with the people and they let him know it

Mr.Wright Vs. Mike
    Upset of the week in my eyes Mr. Write did a piece about a baby an the garbage I agree with what btk said about originality and writing from a new paper but still I think it was good and gave us a second look at it form another set of eyes. Mike came with a good verse also but the readers couldn’t get into his piece enough stating that he got out written. Let it be known though Mike wasn’t been in SS since 03 and the times as changed kudos for giving it another run though

Gabriel Vs. Theory.
    Gab no-showed but Theory wrote a very deep and interesting piece that grabbed both BTK and Abbs eyes Sharp vocab...good emotion relayed...BTK stated

Battle Record
    104-7

The Ranks

Golden Script Champion:

1. Born to Kill (10 : 2) .833

Contenders:

2. Baron P. Mortuus (7 : 3) .700

Ranks:

3. Maven (4 : 1) .800
    4. Crost Over (5 : 2) .714
    5. Engivale (9 : 5) .643
    6. Tim (7 : 6) .538
    7. Ntalek (3 : 3) .500
    8. twixn (5 : 6) .455
    9. Jonathon (3 : 4) .429
    10. Mariah (3 : 5) .375

UnRanked:

Johnny 6-Feet(4)
    U.G. Gold (4)
    Heychoo (4)
    Abbadon (3)
    Theory. (2)
    Jynx (1)
    Chris Black (1)
    HighEngineChief (1)
    Rival (1)
    FórmÅl LôGíc (1)
    Tebo (1)
    Massacre. (1)
    TayTay (1)
    bobericc_lyrics (1)
    Lordy Quas (1)
    Mr.wRight (1)
    Sneeky (0)
    Above (0)

Battle Record
    104-7

Power Rankings
    -Johnny 6-feet

#10- Chris Black

He’s a newcomer to the league but definitely a writer to be respected. Chris has a tremendous creative knack and a smooth sense of flow most of the time. He paints clear images for the reader and makes it easy to identify with the characters who narrate his pieces. Chris will definitely climb the ranks both in the tournament and in the power rankings. Occasionally his vocabulary or flow will slip and detract from his piece but overall, he can be relied upon to come dope in his battles. Watch this space.

#9- Mariah

It’s great to see that the leagues talent isn’t exclusively held by men. Mariah has shown time and again that she is creative with her topic directions and her use of structure to break a story down and make it easy to follow. She brings reader friendly vocab and compliments it with well paced stories and believable narrators. A stronger rhyme scheme would boost her work a little but her originality and imagery will carry her through most battles regardless. She’s a strong contender.

#8- Abbadon

He’s another talent of note in the SS league. The ‘man of mystery’ is great at getting in touch with the narrator of his pieces and showing the reader the emotional connection s/he/it has to the story they tell. He’s shown the ability to bring freshness to topics which at first glance could seem played, and brings a good pace of story and a strong rhyme scheme to compliment his topics. Definitely one to watch.

#7- Johnny 6-feet

Yeah, yeah, call me cocky and self involved, I don’t give a fuck. The only reason I’m bumping myself up a few places this week is due to the fact that The Witness and Nahlidge have both signed out and the fact that, thanks to another no-show victory, I’m yet to be beaten in the league. I’m told I’m creative and have a reader friendly style, and also that sometimes I skip on details and that weakens my verses. Read my stuff and judge for yourselves.

#6- Crost Over

A big win over The Witness this week bumps Crost up to 6 on the power rankings. He has a poetic wording to his style and sophisticated use of vocabulary and imagery which makes for interesting reading. His use of metaphors is among the best I’ve seen in the league and, given a reworking of his rhyme and scheme and sense of flow, Crost has the potential to be a real threat to the top writers in this tournament. His progression since the beginning is fairly frightening to look at. A few more weeks could see him sitting in the top 5.

#5- Tim

There was a general feeling of disappointment this week as Nahlidge signed out and stopped Tim’s and his battle from happening. As both are acknowledged as talented heads it was a potentially dope battle that had gone down the tubes. Tim jumps up the ranks to 5 this week for Nahlidge’s absence. Tim’s record speaks for itself; he has proven consistently that he can battle and beat the best of opponents although he has a fair few surprise losses under his belt as well due to sub-par verses. Tim rarely winds up in matches against writers considered to be less than elite and always works hard to achieve victory. When writing at his full potential, he’s got a good chance against even the dopest writers.

#4- Maven

After a loss this week to Baron, Maven missed the silver by a landslide of votes against him, although the general consensus was that the battle was close. Maven is creative and has a knack for a good story and an emotional connection with his narrator, although sometimes Maven will skip on details and people argue that detracts for the overall impact of his verses. At his best, I’d put money on Maven to have a solid shot at beating anyone in the league. He has what it takes to sit at the top if he pulls out all the stops.

#3- Baron P Mortuus

Baron deserves congratulations on winning the silver script championship last week after pulling off a huge win against Maven. That, plus the fact that Nahlidge has signed out, are the reasons Baron jumps up to number 3 on the power rankings for this week. He brings a twisting and turning style and mixes it up with a strong vocab and good story progression which holds a readers attention solidly. It’ll be interesting to see if the new champion can retain his title against the strong level of competition in the league, or if he’ll make a run for the golden title itself. He certainly has the talent to do so.

#2- Engivale

As cocky and pretentious as the man can be, there’s no denying that he’s one of the best writers on the site. He brings a sophisticated and poetic style to his pieces and mixes it with strong imagery and a smooth as silk flow which draws the reader in and holds them until the end. Engivale’s only weakness I can see is an occasional vagueness about his writing and even then the overall negative impact it has on his verses is slight. He lost his championship this week after a closely fought battle against Born to Kill. No doubt he’ll be looking to make a vengeance in the near future.

#1- Born to Kill

After a narrow win and impressively fought battle to Engivale last week Born wins the golden championship and retains his spot as the number one writer in the league. Born is a respected and talented vet with an impressive win record against a long list of other talented heads. He paints powerful picture with his use of imagery and couples it with reader friendly vocab, a killer flow and creative and original concepts. The fact that his work is so easy to read is one of the reasons Born’s got permanent residence at the top of the power rankings. I’d be surprised if Born doesn’t retain his title for many weeks to come.

Battle Record
    104-7

Predict It

Golden Script Champion:Born to Kill Vs. Baron P. Mortuus

Contenders: Maven Vs. Crost Over
    Engivale Vs. Tim
    twixn Vs. Ntalek
    Mariah Vs. Jonathon

UnRanked:

Johnny 6-Feet Vs. Above
    U.G. Gold Vs. Sneeky
    Heychoo Vs. Mr.wRight
    Abbadon Vs. Lordy Quas
    Theory. Vs. bobericc_lyrics
    Jynx Vs. TayTay
    Chris Black Vs. Massacre.
    HighEngineChief Vs. Tebo
    Rival Vs. FórmÅl LôGíc

Battle Record
    104-7

Interview With
    Above

[20:49] omgitstims: I am here this week with the new FL Topical Mod Above whats going on??

[20:49] DaProfessor1988: Not much dude, how about you?

[20:49] omgitstims: Good Good

[20:50] omgitstims: What got you interested in joining SS

[20:51] DaProfessor1988: Well, as many of the writers know, my little sister Mariah has been really working hard to get where she is skil lwise and I have been really interested in SS, since I do topical abttles mainly, so I decided to join the league and hopefully improve.

[20:51] DaProfessor1988: It kinda sucks that she is better than me at her age...

[20:52] omgitstims: Do you hate how people give her a hard time for being so good at a young age?

[20:53] DaProfessor1988: I hate that people don't give her the respect she deserves as a writer and/or a battler. She is good, and because of her age, some fail to accept or see that.

[20:54] omgitstims: yes i agree with you i also think it may be a jealousy
    type thing also

[20:55] omgitstims: How do you like running the New FL Topical Forum?

[20:56] DaProfessor1988: You know, it's kinda kick back at the moment, close a few battles here and there and make sure there's no shit going on, but I am hoping the topical section grows and is used a bit more, I'd like to see more people in there, it'll mean that I am doing a good job.

[20:59] omgitstims: I am also trying to help out the FL standards by battling for the FL Championship and trying to make it mean something more

[20:59] DaProfessor1988: Exactly...

[21:00] omgitstims: So people from SS should hit it up and vote.

[21:00] omgitstims: and battle

[21:00] omgitstims: How did you get your mod position?

[21:02] DaProfessor1988: I am so clueless honestly. I got a message from Feeble randomly and it said "You have been selected as a mod, would you like the position?" and I was like, of course. So it just happened really. I'd like to note, I was chosen by Feeble for a reason, so when people complain about me getting the mod spot, it kinda sucks, like I am not worth it, so that's why I am trying to prove myself.

[21:04] omgitstims: Yes you are worth it. People need to understand that. Modding isnt easy in the start and i am glad you relize that know

[21:05] omgitstims: What do you think of the competition in SS Thus far??

[21:05] omgitstims: even though you have just joined

[21:05] omgitstims: have you peeped any pieces to see what you are going against?

[21:06] DaProfessor1988: Well it's full of great writers, I know that. God damn, I am scared to battle Johnny right away, that dude can write. BTK always a big fan of his work, you are great. Engivale is one of my favorite writers, dude can flow mad good. My sister is improving rapdily and is becoming one of the top writers in my eyes too, just great competition all around.

[21:08] omgitstims: Yes you and Johnny Should have a great battle

[21:09] omgitstims: speaking of great battles what three battles would you like to see in SS this season

[21:10] DaProfessor1988: Maven vs. Engivale
    Exact vs. BTK
    Johnny vs. Tim
    dunno if these happened yet

[21:11] omgitstims: no not yet this season but yes that Maven vs. Engivale would be one id like to see

[21:12] omgitstims: alright we are gloing to play the food correlation game i will name a topical battler and you write the first food that come to your head

[21:12] DaProfessor1988: wtf?

[21:12] DaProfessor1988: ok

[21:12] omgitstims: Bounce

[21:13] DaProfessor1988: steak

[21:13] omgitstims: Johnny 6-feet

[21:13] DaProfessor1988: pickles

[21:13] omgitstims: TayTay

[21:13] DaProfessor1988: beans

[21:13] omgitstims: Baron P. Mortuus

[21:14] DaProfessor1988: dunno Paki foods, so beef

[21:15] omgitstims: lol alright man any last words before we end this

[21:16] DaProfessor1988: I'd like to say, I am glad to be in this league, it's an honor to be in company with all of you writers. I'd like to shout to my boys Johnny and Tim. I'd like to also say that you guys need to battle more in FL Topical Area, it'll give me more work And um, thanks for doing the mag yo.

[21:16] omgitstims: alirght man later

[21:16] DaProfessor1988: pz

Battle Record
    32-8
    Awards 25+ Wins

I've been reading as you've been posting, dope shit, thanks for the interview Tim
    Legendary Song - Winter Snow

Battle Record
    12-1

Some of the mag was good. Some, I didn't like at all. Thanks for taking the time to write it though. We appreciate it.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

the mag was good man....nice shit here
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

Battle Record
    24-13

Cool mag man!

Nice, nice.

Still in the grave Johnny 6-feet's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-1

Good work man. Hell if i'd known that abOve was joining the league i would've put him in the power rankings.

It's gonna be a kickass match between us.

SS League Record 31-8
    SS HW Champ
    14 x OM HoF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.