User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 75 of 113

Thread: writing on RB...

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion
    one thing that stumps me ..

if big words are not to be used, then what were they created for?

Battle Record
    1-1
    These galling beings with their genetically predisposed testosterone fuelled desire are like those galling progressors of the masses
    You are held captive within a prism of malcontent while this cold earth strafes from the draw of a seductive conflagration
    And as the enigma of relief looms beside your forlorn domicile
    Revelations of a duet, nay, a trio emerge from whencever such bodies of tantalisation reside
    Whoa, that's dope, yo...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

savoir
    Battle Record
    18-6
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry
    one thing that stumps me ..

if big words are not to be used, then what were they created for?

they all have a meaning that makes them most apt for a certain situation i guess, but those situations are rarely presented in OM's. the better writers on here use big words at opportune times, rather than at every possible moment. at least in my eyes anyway. it's all just depending on taste really though.

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion
    yeah ..i'm tired of writing . lol, peace.

Battle Record
    8-3
    Quote Originally Posted by phlymo
    if someone had the idea for the famous:

Bloody men are like bloody buses
    You wait for about a year
    And as soon as one approaches your stop
    Two or three others appear

as an OM, it'd probably go:

These galling beings with their genetically predisposed testosterone fuelled desire are like those galling progressors of the masses
    You are held captive within a prism of malcontent while this cold earth strafes from the draw of a seductive conflagration
    And as the enigma of relief looms beside your forlorn domicile
    Revelations of a duet, nay, a trio emerge from whencever such bodies of tantalisation reside

HOF!!!!!!!
    LMAO...

but that is definitely not true. If i writer had the ability to string words like that together and actually make sense, they probobly would've grasped the 'flow' concept by now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Innovator.
    Battle Record
    1-1
    Maybe like 6 years ago in the topical/poetry section having 'poor' vocab would of been highly criticized due to the style and such, but nowadays not at all, unless the kid just registered here this year and was previously on a site that still thinks putting - after every word makes them insanely dope.

But pretty good (some), good, and great writers on this site knows that simplicity in a piece doesn't automatically make it a terrible one. It's how it is executed and written that determines that decision.
    AI. Legendary.
    19x HOF. Seven Titles. 50.

Innovator.
    Battle Record
    1-1
    And what's a big word? Pretentious? Because that isn't a big word. It all varies with the writer. A big word to you, isn't a big word to me.
    AI. Legendary.
    19x HOF. Seven Titles. 50.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Baby-GStyle's's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-1
    im back
    8 years is a long time ya know even when its your dad you think its crazy but even when its sad its the prison cell that locked him up im 16 now 24 when he get out i get depressed when i get a call from him but i always tell him get it up hig and touch the sky..

All the Om's are reviewed by Brix and Bounce, so they let in what they feel is worth it. The nominations only show them what to look over.
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    34-13
    The vocab should never be forced... it depends tho.. cuz sometimes shit flows hot when the words are all long and shit... plus, the syllable internal rhyming shit is always dope... it takes a lot of talent to write using complex rhymeschemes and making it make sense at the same time... i just hate it when the vocab is sooo complex that i have to pull out a dictionary to understand the whole piece... so yeah, it all depends.

Battle Record
    8-7
    Omg Vocabulary is only important when you are
    trying to bring out certain emotions and imagery.
    Instead of using the same words over and over
    again you can use better wording to display your emotions.
    The order of your wording which word is best at
    the moment. Lol @ people saying big words. Just say
    more advanced wording or something of that nature.
    Vocabulary helps a writer express his or her emotions,
    or paint a picture. The more advanced your vocab is
    the better chance you have in displaying those things.

And no vocabulary is not the main essential but
    it is a very good tool. So whoever is down playing
    vocabulary needs to think about what they are
    saying.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    If you mean forced vocab by non established writters, then I agree whole heartedly, but there are those on here that actually do use language well and have a great vocabulary. I would not want them to dumb shit down, unless the peice calls for it. Now about OMHoF, it;s the noms on here that killed that place. I have done much to turn it around and bring back the qaulity, now days you can got nominated all you want, but that does not mean it's going in. I've had to step inot OM twice already to trun it back around, today the qaulity of the peices in are much better than they were prior. If there are only two good peices then only two will get in. In the past there was a top ten. That killed things, fuck a top ten, that forces bullshit in.

If you have not got in, then maybe your work was over looked, but we can only go by nominations and our own eyes. We can't possibly read every peice posted, so up your game when it comes to nominations. In the past I got the same countless nominatiosn for crap ass work that gets nut hugged into the nom thread. You will not see that kind of thing since we re did the OM.

I use the eyes of more than just Brix though atticus, I have several writters look over peices when in question.

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

Ya, either way I was just trying to prove the point that the HOF is actually a very well organized system... Despite what Cry and Illus' had to say prior in the thread.
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

..in chains? Naw!
    Battle Record
    5-2
    Awards SS Season Champion
    OM can be soley decided by its readers and writers.. but without ANY nominations, or Bounce, Myself, or others bringing it to our attention, its impossible for me to put it into HOF! If somebody reads your piece, and think its dope, they should nominate it.. but if they don't, thats just the luck of the draw. I try hard as hell to get a good batch of pieces in HOF each time.

*Note: We'll never have self-nominations as the clogging would intensify as the months went on.
    ArtificialIntelligence
    Sacred Scriptures Champ: 2006.....Brixton

Aw Brix... I feel like I have a purpose now :noor:
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.