User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Computer Help!

I Love Titty

Computer Help!

yo what up, all the computer people please try and help me out here.

about 2 weeks ago, for the first time,my comp, froze, and this blue screen came up displaying a message, i cant remember it exactly, but it said something about new hardware, not installed properly, could this possibly be the driver for my new DSL modem, which i installed almost a month ago? in the message it also says something about a registry dump. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to rectify this problem, or to prevent it from getting worse. THanx in advance

NOTE: within the last two weeks i've gotten the message on that blue screen about 3 times, and my comp freezes sometimes, and after i get that message i have to leave my comp for a bit because it doesnt start up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table\>54 East Productions<table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Henceman.
    Battle Record
    23-4
    The driver for the modem is not hardware. So that's not it. No clue about the other stuff. Wait for Bounce to answer you.
    I'm a fag, I'm a faggot...
    Oh I'm a faggot...
    I'm a fag, I'm a faggot...
    Oh Oh...Oh I'm a faggot

......................... bribeone's Avatar
    Battle Record
    31-11
    you my son sounds like you have a virus...do you have any antivirus software on your comp?..if not run adaware or spybot search and destroy they are free on the internet if you search for them..
    Bribeone
    Artificial Intelligence

I Love Titty
    thanx

<table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table\>54 East Productions<table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table>

Battle Record
    3-0
    blue screen of death is wut it is called prolly a virus spy and ad ware would'nt do nething like that virus scan ur computer and find out if not that then think did u install a burner or nething else cuz a modem is not a driver its hardware but u prolly have a bug check it out
    <center><~~~~~RB wrekord~~~~~>
    winz-3
    loses-0
    ko-2
    last merk'd-master moe(5-2)
    those awaiting slayin-no one

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    7-3
    Quote Originally Posted by INsanity
    yo what up, all the computer people please try and help me out here.

about 2 weeks ago, for the first time,my comp, froze, and this blue screen came up displaying a message, i cant remember it exactly, but it said something about new hardware, not installed properly, could this possibly be the driver for my new DSL modem, which i installed almost a month ago? in the message it also says something about a registry dump. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to rectify this problem, or to prevent it from getting worse. THanx in advance

NOTE: within the last two weeks i've gotten the message on that blue screen about 3 times, and my comp freezes sometimes, and after i get that message i have to leave my comp for a bit because it doesnt start up.
    rotf...
    <center>
    </center>
    <center>
    </center>

Flow's Official
    Battle Record
    2-0
    no idea.
    <table style=filter:GLOW(color=black)>IJL & DWI</table>

I am assuming your modem is plugged into a usb port. Since installing it have you also had a remove program for it in your system tray? If so then its definately your modem.

Next time you get a blue screen aka BSOD (blue screen of death) write down the error code. It will look something like 0x00000008. Then google it. You will find a heck load of em out there. Its a common occurance. There are numerous forums and such with solutions to various erros.

Most likely your modem is sapping too much power, more than your usb ports allocated default limit. Check out your usb properties, also when you reboot after the bluescreen does a box come up with error reporting. If you explore that it will also give you error codes.

Also, check your event manager (Found in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer) From there you can trace all logged events on your pc. Search the errors from there.

You can turn off usb error reporting in the usb properties (Go Control Panel/System/Hardware Tab/Device Manager) This wont stop all the errors, but it will help a little until you have figured out the exact cause.
    Last edited by Tourniquet; September 2nd, 2004 at 09:47 AM

Fly
    Adjust the contrast and the brightness of your monitor. You can change it back to black instead of blue.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly
    Adjust the contrast and the brightness of your monitor. You can change it back to black instead of blue.
    lol thats the worst idea ever

ILL Tempa
    ^^^ LMFAO.....how would that fix tha problem....lol..
    Spybot search and destroy will find your internal problems and fix them but it doesn't do much against viruses.......go to stopsign.com and try their free virus check....if that doesn't work you might have to come outta ya pocket and go buy Nortan AntiVirus......if none of that works then you don't have a virus and you are probably fucked but if u do find a virus and delete, then go to microsoft.com and get updates for all tha new worms so u can prevent this from happening again.....

start menu

choose the dos prompt

type

"format C:"

no dont do that...lmao!

Hooded_Mc
    buy a new computer

Fly
    Quote Originally Posted by streetbeats
    lol thats the worst idea ever
    *Takes a dump on streetbeat's floor.*